[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Andrew Gold R.I.P.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Andrew Gold R.I.P. Reply with quote

Singer Andrew Gold who had songs like "Lonely Boy" (1977) & "Thank You For Being A Friend" (1978) (also the TV theme to "The Golden Girls" 1985 till 1992) has died of a heartattack at the age of 59 years old. Crying or Very sad
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son of Marni Nixon. Nobody should have to bury a child. So sad.
Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sad. I remember back in the days of AOL, Andrew had a very active message board. He and I corresponded a bit. At the time, he and David were working on a project that now escapes me. I happened to meet David at that time, and he made a reference to it by simply saying, "Andrew and I .. " as if we would know who he was talking about. Of course, we did. Oh, I just remembered that part of what took me over to andrew's board was that he brought David over to the AOL PF board. Using his account, he posted that David was hanging out at his house that night and they were looking around AOL. Andrew told him about the board. I remember well, he wrote, "the next words you read are from David". It caused quite the excitement for a bit.
danny-boy
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Son of Marni Nixon. Nobody should have to bury a child. So sad.

Condolences to her and all his loved ones. Farewell to a great singer/songwriter.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And don't forget that Andrew wrote and sang the theme song for "Mad About You' sitom - which just began reruns on Antenna TV on March 30th.

Andrew was also undergoing treatment for cancer. but had been responding well to it. However, cancer and chemo, etc. can take a brutal toll on a person's other organs and maybe this is what unfortunately happened with his heart. Andrew was so good to email and post with many fans on that board. His Mom Marni was the singing voice for Natalie Wood in "West Side Story", and appeared on an episode of The Mothers-in-Law".

That Artic David Cassidy messageboard was in the early days of the internet and it was great when David did post on there from Andrew's house. Unfortunately, it also lead to some idiot imposter posting "as David" some vile comments about various other people associated with David, making it seem that David was writing it. And that caused a whole thing on the board and subseqently ruined a good thing because the real David posted one last time to say that he would not be posting on any messageboards after that due to the imposter, and that was the only way for fans to know for sure that anyone posting claiming to be him, is NOT him.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, Beau, and Evelyn sang on Andrew's mid-90's CD "Halloween Howls".
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had Renal Cancer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/07/arts/music/andrew-gold-singer-and-songwriter-dies-at-59.html
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad abount Andrew.

I actually heard the song from Halloween Howls the for the first time last Halloween ( 2010).
I have since purchased the CD from Amazon, so I am ready for this year Very Happy
AarHandy3
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for being our friend, Andrew... Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: