[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

New DC Xmas Tracks...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ralphie
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: New DC Xmas Tracks... Reply with quote

Hello all... I am so saddened after hearing what our beloved singer now sounds like. Go to davidcassidymusic.com and listen to the free samples. It's shocking to hear what the once golden, lilting voice has been reduced to! Especially sad was the new version of (the incredible Tony Romeo classic) "My Christmas Card To You." Guess all we can do is "cherish" the classic old catalog... What a shame. Thanks for listening, Ralphie
karmachameleon
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: New DC Xmas Tracks... Reply with quote

Ralphie wrote:
Hello all... I am so saddened after hearing what our beloved singer now sounds like. Go to davidcassidymusic.com and listen to the free samples. It's shocking to hear what the once golden, lilting voice has been reduced to! Especially sad was the new version of (the incredible Tony Romeo classic) "My Christmas Card To You." Guess all we can do is "cherish" the classic old catalog... What a shame. Thanks for listening, Ralphie

Hey, it could have been worse. Could have been over quasi-hip hop tracks instead of the classic rock/jazz backings. Considering what his voice has been through and his age, it's pretty good. Even Streisand has trouble on the high notes these days. Does it reach his audience emotionally? That's what matters.
pee-wee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just happy we are still getting new music from Cassidy. It took me awhile to warm up to this EP download. But really I like Jingle Bell Rock and Blue Christmas! Wish he had'nt added that creepy talking bit a the beginning of Silent Night though. Silent Night is about what Christmas is all about, not the relationship of David and his father.
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I will skip the Cassidy's "Christmas" CD EP.
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it. Had trouble with Windows Media player being "glitchy" when I tried to burn the tracks to a CD so I could listen to them in my car.( Best time for me to give it a fair hearing.).

I like the jazz arrangements for the most part especially on the first 3 songs, but yeah, "Silent Night" did kind of lose me especially the talky part about his Dad, and "My Christmas Card to You" just didn't come over right. He totally missed the spirit of the original on it. Shame.... because I was most looking forward to it after hearing him do it in Concert in 2012.

I hope any future releases of "lost songs" are the originals and any new recordings by David are new recordings perhaps better suited to his current place in life.
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:03 am    Post subject: New Stuff From David Reply with quote

"I hope any future releases of "lost songs" are the originals and any new recordings by David are new recordings perhaps better suited to his current place in life.

I thought he said he was not going to be recording anymore. What ever happen to the project he was doing about the songs his father taught him? Didn't he do a Cole Porter song on some talk show not to long ago? I thought it was okay......
KathySTL

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what his plans actually are. I was just observing on what has been said in this thread. and my impressions from the Christmas release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: