[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Hitting Their Marks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Hitting Their Marks Reply with quote

Have the show on DVD makes it fun to watch different things in the episodes. Sometimes I will watch and look at the extras in the background. Seeing them rub their eyes, yawn or even look directly into the camera.

What caught my eye tonight, was watching the family look for their marks on the floor. Of course all the kids do it. Susan and David take peeks as well. In the episode where Danny has "all the markings of star quality", caught Shirley eyeballing her mark. I understand actor needing to hit their marks so that the cameras keep them in focus, but it's still fun to see actors be "technical".

Another thing I like to look for are boom mics. Mostly see them in window reflections. In one episode, can see the entire film crew in the reflection of a revolving door.
panther2200
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to look for all the instances where the keyboards don't even have their cords attached during performances. I have a Panther 2200, the red and black one from seasons 2-4 and believe me, it doesn't work if it's not plugged in..LOL!!
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panther2200 wrote:
I like to look for all the instances where the keyboards don't even have their cords attached during performances. I have a Panther 2200, the red and black one from seasons 2-4 and believe me, it doesn't work if it's not plugged in..LOL!!
Yeah, nowadays it may not raise any eyebrows, but back then of course. But at the same time no one thought they were a real band......
panther2200
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course nobody thought they were a real band. It's just another example of "nobody will notice" before vcr's and dvd's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: