[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

The Hotness of David Cassidy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrs. Cassidy
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This "teen idol"speculative is really interesting. It really made me think. I mean, like, if David Cassidy was never a teen idol would the girls in his school still be in love with him? Y'know?
I kind of feel sorry for teen idols, in a way. Having every girl in the world in love with you has got to be tough. I'm willing to admit that I would do almost anything for a lock of David Cassidy's hair....but what would it be like getting your head bloodied by little girls day in and day out because you weren't doing anything besides things that come naturally. (In David's case, singing and being sexy)
Poor Davie.
kiethlives
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouragement ladies....
I do need to get to work.
Dee Dee you are right about the boy thing. I've had male friends visibly cringe when I tell them I'm a David nut. Some women get embarrassed for me too. It is a very weird thing, and makes it very difficult for the idols themselves, I'm sure. It is no surprise to me that DC has anger issues about the whole thing.
I will send you a PM Dee Dee, let's talk!

By the way, I've been working on a short story about Keith (near X rated, I should warn). A cross between Keith and DC (how he would hate that!) when I get closer to its completion I would love to share it with you. Indulge Me!!
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiethlives wrote:
By the way, I've been working on a short story about Keith (near X rated, I should warn). A cross between Keith and DC (how he would hate that!) when I get closer to its completion I would love to share it with you. Indulge Me!!

I REALLY want to read that! LOL!
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Cassidy wrote:
This "teen idol"speculative is really interesting. It really made me think. I mean, like, if David Cassidy was never a teen idol would the girls in his school still be in love with him? Y'know?

From reading David's first book, I didn't get the impression that he was in want for girls. LOL! Plus, it was the 60s after all, free love. I think I read that he was appearing on the cover of teen magazines before he even did TPF.

I tend to think he was destined for it. If it wasn't TPF, it would have been something else. Sooner or later someone in Hollywood would have figured out he could sing too and that would have been it. It seems like the force of fate was absolute for David.
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiethlives wrote:
Dee Dee you are right about the boy thing. I've had male friends visibly cringe when I tell them I'm a David nut. Some women get embarrassed for me too.

I'm sorry you're having that experience. I've been having fun telling people I'm a David fan. I've been very surprised by the response. I found out one of my coworkers is a fan too so the next time he's at Epcot, we are going together. One woman seemed kind of embarrassed for me, but most people say they actually loved TPF! Even guys! I'm amazed. One guy copied The PF Album CD I had, and that other fan has borrowed my CDs. The people I have told are around my age or even older, so maybe that is why I've had that kind of response.
Mrs. Cassidy
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X rated David story? Oooh, I'd like to read that...or be a part of it. Heh heh...

As for people's reaction when I tell them I'm a PF fan, since I'm a kid, they usually are pretty cool about it. Some adults even admit to being a David fan themselves! And the best part is when they remember the songs and everything, or the episodes. I think most people like that little trip down memory lane....
It kind of stinks that the only people I can talk about my favorite TV show with are adults and not my age. Even when I'm grown up, the adults my age then won't know The Partridge Family. They'll be talking about how they used to watch Hannah Montana or whatever. So I guess I'll never win...

On the bright side, that's why I joined this message board!
Mrs. Cassidy
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen, you are totally right. David could never have been anything but a teen idol...that would just make his sexy looks and voice go to total waste! Someone that good- looking just can't go through life unnoticed, no matter how much they may want too.
I read in part of his book, "The Dark Side Of A Teen Idol" that kids made fun of him because of his hair and called him gay. That kind of proves Dee Dee's theory about boy's reactions to teen idols. How could they not be jealous of David's success? Literal impossibility.
I bet they LOVED it when David's face starting popping up everywhere and became he became the most sought- after man in the 70s, huh.....
IN THEIR FACE!
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Cassidy wrote:
I read in part of his book, "The Dark Side Of A Teen Idol" that kids made fun of him because of his hair and called him gay. That kind of proves Dee Dee's theory about boy's reactions to teen idols. How could they not be jealous of David's success? Literal impossibility.
I bet they LOVED it when David's face starting popping up everywhere and became he became the most sought- after man in the 70s, huh.....
IN THEIR FACE!

Yeah! David caught a lot of flack from guys, and probably still does. I would guess that it's adversely affected his career too, especially if the girlfriends or wives of some of these guys were gaga over David.
Mrs. Cassidy
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody on this board ever met David Cassidy?
skiforever98
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: The Hotness of David Cassidy Reply with quote

I think David Cassidy is beyond hot! I mean, his smile is so dreamy! I too, have him as my screen on my cell and i think i love you as my ring tone, and i woke up in love this morning as my text tone, and c'mon get happy as my missed call tone.
As you can see. according to my user name, i ski. If i could, i would get his face on my coat, cloves, pole, skis, hat. helmet, etc. Unfortunately, they don't have those at ski barn! LOL Very Happy Maybe, since my helmet is an ugly black, i will get laminated pictures of him and like, glue them on! Cool
So, as i was saying, DAVID CASSIDY IS HOT! I would marry him, if i was old enough... Sad WAAAAAA!
skiforever98
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: The Hotness of David Cassidy Reply with quote

I wish i met David. Cool

*Dreamy sigh*
Mrs. Cassidy
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skiforever- that would be really cool. But you can't marry him because
a. he's already married (three times)
and
b. he's MINE!
IloveKeith
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm late to this thread, but I'm gonna contribute anyway Wink

I was about 14, 8th grade in middle school - basic teeny bopper age - when I immediately fell in love with David Cassidy. Unfortunately I was 2 generations too late, he’s 41 years older than me, older than my parents actually by 4 years. I am now 24.

I was an avid viewer of VH1 back when they mostly had documentary-esque shows with comedians inserting various commentary about the subject matter. One night they played “When______ Ruled The World," which was a show about pop culture mania that was really popular for a certain period of time in America. This segment just so happened to be about The Partridge Family. I had never heard of The Partridge Family before. I only knew who Shirley Jones was because I had seen The Music Man. As they played old clips of David Cassidy I was instantly in love, probably my first true celebrity crush. His symmetrical face, slim body, long legs, hazel eyes, dark luscious hair, beautiful voice and strong jawline immediately put a spell on me. There was just something about him, he was absolutely beautiful. Even though of course he was already an older man by the time I found out who he was. (time is never on my side :/) The next day I start googling his name and the Partridge Family and as the obsessive person I am keep digging for as much information about him and the show as I could find. At that time Youtube didn't have any videos of the PF or DC, and it was before the show was available on DVD. I joined this forum to get any info I could on the PF and DC until finally my parents got a hold of bootleg VHS tapes that someone had taped themselves and sold on Ebay. Once I eventually watched the show, it was even better than I had imagined. I also own all of the Partridge Family Vinyl albums and originally listened to them on my dad's record player. I guess I got into the show at a weird time because there was barely any merchandise for the show being sold anywhere. I got everything through Ebay.

I read David's autobiography at 15, even though it was clearly for adults lol. I wasn't shocked for some reason that he was the antithesis of Keith, but I can see how people can project how they want him to be onto him. I also had already seen Danny Bonaduce's "The Partridge Family Story" before I watched the real show so I had an idea of who David actually was.

As I got older I started getting boyfriend and focused more on the real live men in front of me and not as much as the fantasy dream man in my head and forgot about David for a few years. What rekindled the flame was his 2014 DUI arrest. I started Google-ing him again and watching old interviews on Youtube (which they have some gems out there) and BAM my dormant crush was back with a vengeance. That's why I think there's something special about him. After years of forgetting about him, one video of watching him and I'm hooked again. I can’t figure out what it is about him, maybe that there has never really been anyone quite like him. I mean there’s obviously other teen idols, but none of them caught my eye like how David Cassidy had and still does. When people say Shaun Cassidy over David I'm like BYEEEEE. His charm, voice, persona, confidence, ugh!!! He would've been absolutely perfect if he was taller.
It's been a year since I got re-involved in this unrequited love affair. I listen to PF and DC songs every day in the car to and from work through my Youtube playlists.

I think I love who he really is as a person because him and I are a lot alike. His birthday is April 12th, mine is April 11th. Scary Aries ;P

His son Beau went to the same Gymboree as me (we're the same age), and according to my mom I was in the same room as David, too bad I wasn't conscious enough to be like "I know I'm a 1 year old but leave your wife for me" lmao, imagine... Also, my mom and his wife have a mutual friend.
I never actually got to meet him, I did however go to one of his concert shows in 2006 when I was 15.

I guess I should try for Beau, he's the next best thing. I am FB friends with him... hmm... haha just kidding.

Lastly, David kept his good looks for a long time until about a few years ago. I agree with him looking exceptionally handsome in his early 40s. If anyone has seen The Spirit Of '76, damn he still had it. Now his face got puffy, and he's losing his charm. I don't know if anyone watched his recent UK interview. Age is definitely the devil.

Sorry this extended to novel like proportions I just had to share Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: