[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Just Wondering......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Just Wondering...... Reply with quote

If anyone else out there miss the days, or can even recall the days when a Partridge Family album/LP was brought home from the record store, tear off the shrink wrap, remove the record from the inner sleeve, place it very carefully on the record player and drop the needle on it and let it play? Sit down or whatever to give it a listen for 15 minutes or so, just to have to go over and ACTUALLY flip the record over?

Fun times.....

Last edited by Skizzy Fleameyer on Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bass Strumer
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, great memories!!
panther2200
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss those days as well!
Canadian Reg
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of the pleasure was also to go to your record store and check under "Partridge Family" to see IF there was a new album. Since I went often to the record store, there would be, obviously a lot of visits withtout a sighting of a new PF album but where there was.... the walk home was so long.... anxious to hear the new songs. I was probably the most surprised when "Bulletin board" came out... the most happy when "Sound magazine" came out.
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Reg wrote:
Part of the pleasure was also to go to your record store and check under "Partridge Family" to see IF there was a new album. Since I went often to the record store, there would be, obviously a lot of visits withtout a sighting of a new PF album but where there was.... the walk home was so long.... anxious to hear the new songs. I was probably the most surprised when "Bulletin board" came out... the most happy when "Sound magazine" came out.

I would have to agree with you Reg on these points. For me, besides the Christmas album, "Sound Magazine" is my favorite LP. "I'll Meet You Halfway" is my favorite song, but the entire "Sound Magazine" is by far my top compared to the others. I think what got my attention was that they were no longer putting the effect on David's voice to make him sound younger. I would LOVE to hear a original version recording of David doing "I'll Meet You Halfway" without it being speeded up. Kind of like what they did with The Beatles "Let It Be.....Naked". Stripped down of all the extra baggage on the first 2 PF albums.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: