[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Question for collectors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Question for collectors Reply with quote

I'm starting to pare down and downsize my collection and was wondering -- is there any value to 16MM prints of PF episodes? I have about 7 - 10 16MM prints and depending on the opinions here, I may just toss them out rather than try and sell them.

I haven't collected PF in a while and was wondering what the value of certain items are. Do certain items still go for big bucks -- or has the market flattened on this stuff too?

I have a few large sheets of uncut trading cards from the TOPPS vaults. Some are printed from and back (the puzzles) and some are just the proofs of the front. Any idea of the value of these?

How's about the DC magazines from the UK??

Any thoughts?
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the other things, but I might consider the uncut trading cards. I'm not a crazy collector, but I had no idea such a thing existed. I remember trying to mount the trading cards back in the 70s (I think that's how I ruined them), but it didn't work because the cards weren't cut precisely enough to make a good enough puzzle (I also wasn't that enthralled with having a big honkin' picture of Keith, my least favorite Partridge).

I will be interested in hearing what others say about the other items you mention. My hunch is that there are people out there who would love to own everything you have, Scott.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not selling everything! Laughing Laughing I've just got too much stuff and the clutter is driving me nuts. I am one box away from having to go on "Hoarders." Laughing Laughing
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I started collecting the Partridge Family annuals from Britain.
I like all things British so combining that with PF is a lot of fun.

Danny' s LP went for about $60 on Ebay the other day.

I've noticed that things seem to sell best in small lots so the price on a single sale doesn't get as high and folks will then buy bit by bit.

Somebody out there ( on ebay) is trying to sell their whole collection in one big lot for $800 and it's just not moving at all.
Really needs to be split in lots. (ie the books, the paper dolls, records, etc.) I know myself that there are items in the collection I want, but I have some of it and can't part with $800 to get it and then have to resell later the duplicates.

There is still a market for things, not going as high in price as they used too, but there is still money to be made for the right items and buyers.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. I'm not sure how much I want to get rid of, but I did contact an auction house called Heritage Auctions and inquired about selling my entire collection, which includes some pretty rare stuff -- not just merchandise that was available in stores. The guy tried to tell me the collection was only worth $1500.00, and they wouldn't be able to work with me because they have a $5,000 minimum. Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes

There's another auction house called Profiles in History. They just started a reality show on the SciFi channel where they source out rare collectibles, talk the owner into selling and then put the items in their scheduled auctions. It was pretty interesting, as they had rare stuff like the original model from "Lost In Space," the Wicked Witch's hat, Mary Poppin's carpet bag, etc. It was amazing what some of this stuff sold for, especially when the economy is so bad. Somebody has money to blow that's for sure. :lol:

BTW: I also want to get rid of some Shaun Cassidy stuff, and I doubt there's a market on eBay for his stuff -- unless you guys disagree. I have:

Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KathySTL wrote:
Somebody out there ( on ebay) is trying to sell their whole collection in one big lot for $800 and it's just not moving at all.

I don't see anything in that lot that's too hard to get.

Darryl
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. It's a nice collection, but only a fraction of what's out there, and most of the items are pretty common. I can appreciate the time it took to collect it all, but if you broke down what each piece would cost to find, unfortunately, it's not worth $800.00. Comics, paperbacks, trading cards, LPs are all very easy to find.
KathySTL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I agree. It's a nice collection, but only a fraction of what's out there, and most of the items are pretty common. I can appreciate the time it took to collect it all, but if you broke down what each piece would cost to find, unfortunately, it's not worth $800.00. Comics, paperbacks, trading cards, LPs are all very easy to find.

That's probably why it's not selling.

I would presume there is a market for Shaun things, but as I don't actively search for them, I can't really say how the value is going.

Even in bad times, there is always somebody who has money to spend on the extremely rare, high quality items, however, I'm seeing most things going for less then what they used to only because I think the folks with money aren't as plentiful as they used to be.
Right now, at least on Ebay it seems to be more of a buyer's market than a seller's.
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say the common stuff (stuff you regularly see on eBay) doesn't retain too much value.
Unique items like...uncut trading cards from the TOPPS vaults & 16MM prints
should be of some value.
Scott, what quality are the 16 MM prints?
I've seen a few terrible copies on eBay.
If they are excellent quality (crisp & clear) the value should be more.
Is the newspaper publication 'Big Reel' still around?
That would be your best bet for more information me thinks.

Darryl
kanita
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm usually someone who doesn't give a rat's behind about clothes. But recently I've bought a pair of Beatle boots and also some 60s/70s looking jeans. I want a 'Keith Partridge' button down shirt, of course not one of his pink or purples but just something that will look good. Anyone know where I can get one?? I'll go vintage if I have to, I prefer new (and inexpensive!) though.

Last edited by kanita on Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Maui
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question also:I have the DC toy guitar w/out the box that I need
to sell as I am downsizing.Any one know what to even ask for monetarily?
Also best place to try?Thanks so much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: