[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Songs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Strumer
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy to post whatever new songs I can. I'm working on some others and I will post them as soon as I have something. I'm hoping others will also share what they may have so we can all enjoy them.
kade
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Strumer wrote:
I am happy to post whatever new songs I can. I'm working on some others and I will post them as soon as I have something. I'm hoping others will also share what they may have so we can all enjoy them.

Thanks for continuing to share what you have, Bass Strummer. It would be cool if others would share unreleased/lost songs and even alternate takes. Even though I was a fan of the show from the beginning I don't think I realized how many unreleased songs there were, mainly because my family moved between the third and fourth seasons and we were in an area where it was hard to get the ABC affiliate to pull in to our TV. It wasn't until the '80s when I finally heard "I Wanna Be With You," "When Love's Talked Abput," "Working on a Groovy Thing," and others.

I wish Sony and David Cassidy would make nice and release all of the stuff that is in the vault. As Harry Nillson wrote, and David sang so well, "Dreams are nothin' more than wishes and a wish is just a dream you wish to come true . . .."

Kevin
Ralphie
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Yes! Reply with quote

Well said, Kevin!!!!
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks so much for sharing such great versions of these songs, Bass Strumer ! These gems will probably never see a proper release in our lifetime, sadly...it is awesome to hear them so clearly, especially "Blackbird" and "My Kind of Music"
Thanks so much again for sharing!

Partridgepal Very Happy
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks

My you tube app on my Smart TV will be fun with these to play with. Very Happy
irving
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Smile
Bass Strumer
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, my son is releasing his 2nd album tomorrow. You can find it on iTunes and Amazon among other places. Here is a link to his new video for the first single from his album This Is Home by Johnny Edward.

http://youtu.be/QV1_mH7-vOI

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/this-is-home-ep/id879548455

Thanks, and now back to the Partridge Family!
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, he is awesome, thanks for posting this, I am always looking for new great singers, he is really good!! I am subscribing to his page, I LOVE the song "Blue Eyes"...one listen to that song and you are hooked.....great singer, for those who haven't checked him out, you must! I am definitely buying both albums on iTunes!....we were joking about how he is a young Christian Slater lookalike...lol....he is going to go far...thanks again for the heads up, Bass Strummer...I have only listened to "blue eyes" about a million times now..haha....what a fantastic talent, you must be so proud...

Partridgepal Very Happy
Bass Strumer
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

partridgepal wrote:
wow, he is awesome, thanks for posting this, I am always looking for new great singers, he is really good!! I am subscribing to his page, I LOVE the song "Blue Eyes"...one listen to that song and you are hooked.....great singer, for those who haven't checked him out, you must! I am definitely buying both albums on iTunes!....we were joking about how he is a young Christian Slater lookalike...lol....he is going to go far...thanks again for the heads up, Bass Strummer...I have only listened to "blue eyes" about a million times now..haha....what a fantastic talent, you must be so proud...

Partridgepal Very Happy

Thank you !!! His song Marry Me from his new album is being played a few times a day now on XM radio Coffee House station. He was just in New York last week to record a live show for XM that will air in early August. I'll post the exact date here when I have it.
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't praise him enough, already have his second album on iTunes and have passed the word on about him to friends and they all agreed on how good he is, keep us posted on concert dates and such, if he comes out this way, I'm going and bringing friends along...again, you must be SO proud. I think "Blue Eyes" is gonna be on constant rotation here...lol...it's fun to find a new singer to be excited about....thanks again for posting the info and link!

Partridgepal Very Happy
panther2200
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent talent, that one! You must be proud!
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, one listen and I'm an instant fan....can't get enough of that single, it's gonna be stuck in my head now...lol....beautiful crystal clear voice....sounds great on my stereo....ok, officially addicted now, I own both albums...sheesh...lol

Partridgepal Very Happy
Bass Strumer
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

partridgepal wrote:
can't praise him enough, already have his second album on iTunes and have passed the word on about him to friends and they all agreed on how good he is, keep us posted on concert dates and such, if he comes out this way, I'm going and bringing friends along...again, you must be SO proud. I think "Blue Eyes" is gonna be on constant rotation here...lol...it's fun to find a new singer to be excited about....thanks again for posting the info and link!

Partridgepal Very Happy

Thank you for the kind words. What part of the country do live in? I'll make sure you get free tickets if he is anywhere close to your area.
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very kind of you, you wouldn't have to do that! I doubt he would ever get out here, although we have venues for music NO ONE ever comes here...lol...I live in Albuquerque (no pun intended) New Mexico.....Point me in the direction of.....how Partrified am I? lol But I would love to see him in concert...I loved his youtube live videos....what a great talent...has any label officially picked him up or is he just doing his own thing on i tunes??? If he isn't officially on a label, that is a BIG mistake....he is better than a lot of signed singers out there today, IMHO....I am a big fan already, listened to both albums several times now....I think I already wore out "Blue Eyes" and "Marry Me" if that is possible

Partridgepal Very Happy
Bass Strumer
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, wanted to bump this up for those that may have missed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: