[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Hello Hello!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Partridge
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Hello Hello! Reply with quote

Hello to all the incredible people who make up this website! I have been reading posts for many years now and never took the time to actually say, "THANK YOU!" Today that changes. For a brief history; I grew up in a very rural part of Mississippi. So rural in fact, we had antenna and only one local station and it was NBC. During storm frontal passages we could receive signals from as far away as Birmingham. It was during one of those storms that by chance I took the opportunity to change the channel, (yes by hand...no remote controls then!). I came across the opening to what would become my favorite music and family of all time. It had to have been 1971 and that theme and the music I heard filled me like nothing else had or would. Sadly as the storm approached the picture faded, but not the memory. A few years later I came across the first single released in a school buy and sell. I think I paid 10 cents. The song that captured me was "Somebody Wants to Love You." Yes I know, "I Think I Love You" was the hit, but the lyrics, the arrangement and those incredible background vocals of "SWTLY" touched my very soul. I spent most of my teenage years attempting to collect all the albums and though being of limited finances found the more popular albums. I sat in front of my record player memorizing every lyric, every vocal arrangement and every chord. As time progressed I managed to have them all and then lost them in a house fire in 87. I have since gained what was lost and so much more thanks to this website. I drove my friends and family mad with so much reference to the Partridge Family and to this day I still have to admit that the Partridges still hold my heart. The concept, the incredible lyrics, Mr. Farrell's arrangements and all that is Partridge still make me smile. I am over the 50 mark and appreciate many styles of music, but TPF will always be at the top of my list. I had previously gone through the DVD's and somewhat remastered, to the best of my ability those unreleased songs. Finally one of you, a great kindred spirit I expect, posted some of those long wanted unreleased songs. With all the clatter around rights and David's recent troubles, I had come to the conclusion I would never truly hear those studio mixed arrangements. It is with great appreciation that I extend a thank you to those that made that possible. You have made an old soul, very happy! Thank YOU! And to those of you who post and keep the site alive and "happy" - THANK YOU!
panther2200
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Scott! There's always room on the bus for one more! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: