[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episode #24: A Partridge By Any Other Name

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Episode #24: A Partridge By Any Other Name Reply with quote

A Partridge By Any Other Name
Written by Ron Friedman Directed by Harry Falk Produced by Paul Junger Witt
Original Air Date: March 12, 1971

When a missing birth certificate convinces Danny that he's adopted, he sets out to find his real birth parents -- with some very weird results!
Guest Cast: Bernard Fox, Art Metrano, Ned Glass, Jim Connell, Renie Riano, Sid McCoy, Jeff Burton

Songs:
Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted," music and lyrics by Wes Farrell, Jim Cretecos and Mike Appel (on Up To Date)
"I Can Feel Your Heartbeat," music and lyrics by Wes Farrell, Jim Cretecos and Mike Appel (on The Partridge Family Album)

Tube Trivia:
Bernard Fox is best known for playing Dr. Bombay on "Bewitched," Malcolm Meriwether on "The Andy Griffith Show," and Colonel Crittendon on "Hogan's Heroes." He has appeared in countless motion pictures, including "The Mummy" with Brendan Fraser and "Titanic" with Leonardo DiCaprio.
Ned Glass was a regular on "Julia" and "Bridget Loves Bernie."
Jim Connell played Gus Gorney in Episode 60.
While Reuben insists birth certificates are needed for passports, you don't need a passport to cross the US/Canadian border in 1971.
Although Shirley can't locate Danny's birth certificate in this episode, she waved it under the noses of several army induction officers in Episode #4.
"Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted" was the second single for The Partridge Family. It was released in January, 1971 and sold a million copies within a month! It reached #6 in March and spent the next three months on the charts. Originally, "Warm My Soul" was to be the second single released, but Wes Farrell opted for this tune instead. David Cassidy has said this song was like "fingers down a blackboard to me" because he despised the spoken part in the middle of the song. So strong was his dislike for the song, he threatened to quit the series over it. The single ultimately sold over 3 million copies, while "Warm My Soul" remained a lost song until David Cassidy re-recorded it for his "Rock Me Baby" solo album. The Partridge Family's version of "Warm My Soul" remained a lost track until David released his "David Cassidy's Partridge Family Favorites" CD through QVC in 1998.
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Shirley makes a call on a pay phone, Reuben checks the coin return. A consummate manager.

Darryl
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Somebody has been catching up on episodes this week.

Guess I'll have to pull the DVD's out on this scheduled to be rainy weekend.

Been behind with a lot of things, but this would be a great way to "get Happy"
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been watching all of Season One lately.
Where's our complete series box.
The Bradys got one.

Darryl
BLUEBIRD
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season One and Two are my favorites. Danny being so young and so funny and Dave Madden's hilarious rapport with him make this whole season (#1) so watchable, and enjoyable. Their chemistry is just great. I notice major transformations in all tv series/comedies, especially where there are children in the cast. Never quite as good as the first 2 seasons. I think that about the Cosby Show too -- who is cuter than season one Rudy?

Thanks Scott, for keeping this wonderful site alive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season One All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: