[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

New Partridge Family Complete Series DVD Gets Release Date!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: New Partridge Family Complete Series DVD Gets Release Date! Reply with quote

The Partridge Family - Hello, World! Sony is Finally Bringin' DVDs for 'The Complete Series'
All 4 seasons are gathered together in mid-October...so c'mon, get happy!

From 2005 to 2009, Sony released DVDs for all 4 seasons of The Partridge Family, the classic musical sitcom starring Shirley Jones, David Cassidy, Susan Dey, and Danny Bonaduce. However, these have never been made available all together in one package...until now, that is! On October 15th Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will put out The Partridge Family - The Complete Series on DVD, a 12-disc set priced at $45.99 SRP. Extras, previously seen in the individual season packages, include:

Jump to the Musical Performances
Audio Commentaries with Stars Shirley Jones and Danny Bonaduce
Featurettes:
Boarding the Bus
The Sound of the Partridge

Bonus Episodes from the Animated Spin-Off Partridge Family: 2200 A.D.:
"Car Trouble"
"My Son the Spaceball Star"

Package art isn't available yet, so stay tuned for that. In the meantime, you can pre-order this item at Amazon.com right away!

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Partridge-Family-The-Complete-Series/18703#ixzz2Z9JryPX8
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be a rehash without any new material. Typical. Sony is doing the same for "I Dream of Jeannie" and "Bewitched."
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wounded if they are going to just bundle the individual season sets together?

Darryl
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very excited about the Bewitched set! I sold off all of my Bewitched sets when the Jeannie complete series came out in 2008, because I was sure Sam and Darrin would be next. It probably won't have a special package the way Jeannie did, but at least I'll have something to put with my Tabitha set. Wink

I'm not sure whether I'll get the Partridge Family set. It all depends, again, on the packaging.

Going back to the Jeannie set, that original bottle set of the complete series is on sale at amazon for roughly the same price as these low-cost sets, so I'd recommend getting the 2008 one, if you have the choice.
JH
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew that eventually they were going to do that with Bewitched, but I could not help myself, I purchased each season as they got released. The Partridge Family, I was not sure about them ever coming out as a box set, let alone seasons 4 or 5.
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just wondering if they are going to fix the problem with leaving off the final tag on Season 1 "Knight in Shining Armor" . If they do I will buy the complete set to have a truly "complete set". otherwise I will most likely hold on to my money for something I don't have since the extras etc.. seem to be the same as what we had in the individual sets.
Rugger57
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.....I wanna see The Partridge Family season five. Funny, but I don't recall ONE episode of season 5.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season five is the one where Danny married his student teacher, who had a young daughter named Ronnie. Ronnie and Ricky Stevens formed a duet who became the opening act for The Partridge Family. That season was soooo bad, it Jumped The Sharknado! Laughing
Rugger57
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH! The Ronnie from My Three Sons? Ronnie Troup? THAT explains that Partridge Family/My Three Sons reunion in '77!!!!
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is probably one of Sony's cheap complete sets...what they usually do is stack the DVDs loose on top of each other on one spool....then charge a high price for something that will probably end up scratched...Sanford & Son and Soap was packaged that way as well as Married With Children Complete Series...some are packaged with the DVDs in individual paper sleeves...anyhow they are cheaply packaged and for the price I would say these will be too...sadly

Partridgepal Smile
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they had added the complete "Partridge Family A.D." I would buy it in a heartbeat.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean-o wrote:
If they had added the complete "Partridge Family A.D." I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I can feel that heartbeat!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: