[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Shirley Jones memoir expected next year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
60sGal
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Shirley Jones memoir expected next year Reply with quote

One more item I ran across that might be of interest:

Shirley Jones memoir expected next year
Associated Press Tue, Aug 7, 2012 4:02 PM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) "Partridge Family" fans beware: Shirley Jones is writing a memoir that will reveal she was no Shirley Partridge.

The Oscar-winning actress and singer, best known as the matriarch of the singing television family, has a book deal with an imprint of Simon & Schuster. She warns in a statement: Anyone expecting the "All-American mom," Shirley Partridge, should be ready for a "few jolts."

Gallery Books announced Tuesday that the memoir, currently untitled, will be co-authored by celebrity biographer Wendy Leigh and is scheduled for release next year. Gallery said Jones is an "earthy, gutsy" woman who will write openly about everyone from Frank Sinatra to her famous son, David Cassidy.

Besides "The Partridge Family," Jones is known for such films as "The Music Man" and "Oklahoma!"

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/shirley-jones-memoir-expected-next-200230845.html
danny-boy
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds great as long as she doesn't go too Florence Henderson on us!
kate
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New "news" about the upcoming memoir:
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/partridge-sex-shirley-joking-article-1.1369824

and

http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/156863/partridge_family_mom_reveals_big

kate
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So she had sex with her husband.. Big deal. What she says about David is a bit weird. I mean he was still her stepson,but she was married to Jack and that's what married people do. They have sex. At one time that was the reason to marry in a hurry, so you could have sex. ( I know it's not required, but it was very much expected in earlier times, especially if you were going to admit to it). I guess it just doesn't seem like that big a deal to me. Heck, we know Mrs. Partridge had to had been a busy wife, before Mr. Partridge passed. She was young but still had 5 kids and they weren't adopted. ( even if Danny thought so). Smile
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danny-boy wrote:
This sounds great as long as she doesn't go too Florence Henderson on us!

I'm hoping nothing involving wesson oil. Whistle

KathySTL wrote:
What she says about David is a bit weird. I mean he was still her stepson

So she saw David naked, what's the big deal about that?
A stepmother sees her stepson naked. Rolling Eyes

Darryl
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These news releases and "leaks" aim to do one thing: sell books. They often inflate the truth or make the mundane seem more exciting than it really is. This is what grains of salt were made for.

Wasn't it Eve Plumb's book where the "news" about it beforehand hinted at a lesbian encounter with Maureen McCormick? And didn't that turn out to be completely untrue, and wasn't in the book? (I'm asking both rhetorically and actually, because I'm sort of hazy on the details).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: