[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Jimmie Walker - No Support for Obama

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Jimmie Walker - No Support for Obama Reply with quote

http://pushbacknow.net/2012/07/15/jimmie-j-j-walker-does-not-support-obama/
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. Thanks for posting this! I think it's awful the way some people who disagreed with President Obama were labeled as racist. I don't blame anyone who is disappointed in his performance in the first term. It's been a rough four years. Even though I support the President, I took a lot of flack on social media simply for saying we should lay off people who disagree when they make valid points about his shortcomings. It's sad that we seem to have reached a point where we can't respectfully disagree anymore. If you don't agree with me, I have to paint you as evil or stupid or both. That's no way to treat each other.

Moving on, though, I was much more interested in Walker's thoughts on Jay Leno. He's absolutely right. There are always new comedians on Letterman (as well as new music), but Jay doesn't do a thing to help new talent get the same breaks that he did. Of course, if you listen to Leno's colleagues, he wasn't very charitable to any of them, either. For someone who has such a nice guy image in the public, it's hard to find anyone who actually knows him who says anything gushing about what a nice guy he is. Add to that the sleazy way he pulled the rug out from under Letterman to get The Tonight Show, I am always entertained by the sorts of things Jimmie Walker has to say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: