[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episode #23: Not With My Sister, You Don't

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Episode #23: Not With My Sister, You Don't Reply with quote

Not With My Sister, You Don't
Written by Dale McRaven • Directed by Mel Swope • Produced by Paul Junger Witt
Original Air Date: March 5, 1971

When Laurie gets a date with Lester Braddock, a young man with a reputation, Keith and Danny go into protection mode and follow the couple to Muldune's point!
Guest Cast: Michael Ontkean, Mike Rupert, Jeremy Burke, Cindy Crosby

Song:
"I'll Meet You Halfway," music and lyrics by Wes Farrell and Gerry Goffin (on Up To Date)

Tube Trivia:
• Michael Ontkean is best known for his roles on "The Rookies" and "Twin Peaks." The son of Canadian actors, Michael made his stage bow at four years old in his dad's repertory company. A busy child performer in his own country, Ontkean appeared on such TV series as "Hudson's Bay" and played juvenile roles at the Stratford Shakespeare Festival. Having attended the University of New Hampshire on a hockey scholarship, Michael Ontkean was given ample opportunity to display his prowess on ice in the 1977 Paul Newman film "Slap Shot." He has also appeared in "The Stepford Husbands," and "Making Love," with Kate Jackson and Harry Hamlin, among others.
• Dale McRaven was the Story Editor for "The Partridge Family." He went on to produce and co-create such shows as "Mork & Mindy," "Laverne & Shirley," and "Perfect Strangers."
• Mel Swope was the Associate Producer for "The Partridge Family." He has also worked on such shows as, "The Flying Nun," "Police Story," "David Cassidy: Man Undercover," "Fame," "Good Heavens," and "The Monkees," His daughter, Tracy Brooks Swope appeared in Episode 90.
• Happy Birthday, Tracy! Suzanne Crough had a birthday the week this episode aired.
• "I'll Meet You Halfway" was The Partridge Family's third single, hitting stores in May, 1971 when the series was on hiatus. It soared to #9 on the Billboard charts a month later. It was the last Partridge Family single to reach the top 10.

Last edited by Scott on Fri May 04, 2012 11:15 am; edited 4 times in total
goodyj
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always enjoyed when Susan Dey was featured in the plot of the show and this time it is she and David that get some really great moments to explore their characters and show us how funny it can be to manuver through those mysterious teen age years.

Keith's attempts to do what he thinks is right (even when it's wrong) and not seeing that there was no way he was going to come out of it successfully must have been really enjoyable to play and Laurie's final discovery that Lester was really like what the rumors said and still deciding to blame Keith for it all was the perfect punchline for the episode.

Danny's involvement was just the right push for Keith to act and Shirley's "just the right amount of concern" for Laurie made for a delightful show.

"I'll Meet You Halfway" is a great song and was perfect for the moment in the show when it looked like everything was going to be okay.

Rueben's vacation and return reminded us of his "I hate kids, I love kids" tug of war and how much he pretended to tolerate what really had become an extended family... (wow, it almost sounds like a desperate master's thesis analysis for a TV show script, I really need a life!).

What can I say, I love this family, I love their music and I love this show.

Jeff
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Jeff: Very Happy

I couldn't agree MORE with your delightfully accurate assessment of this episode. Your eloquence is simply wonderful; I couldn't have put it better myself. Wink
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with all of the above asswessments. I too noticed the appropriateness of "I'll meet you halfway" to this episode as well as the excellent byplay between Keith and Laurie.

This was a true no win scenario for Keith, even though Danny egged him on. I think though that this is why the PF comes off so much like a real family. While they love each other they don't always have a PERFECT ending. Just a good one like a happy TV show should. Very Happy
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

each time I watch this episode I can't help but think of the last episode where Keith and Danny follow Shirley and Chuck Corwin (cuddles) to muldoon's point. both scenes were funny.
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did Reuben forget to change into street clothes and forget to take off his sleep mask, but DIDN’T forget that briefcase? Does he sleep with it?

Darryl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season One All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: