[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Newly Re-mastered CD's Coming..........
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Salamanis
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Newly Re-mastered CD's Coming.......... Reply with quote

G'day from Jim! Just wanted to let you all know that some newly re-mastered CD's are coming our way this year starting off in July. It will be two albums on one CD. The first will be Cherish and Rock Me Baby. Look out for Dreams with Cassidy live coming out. There will be new liner notes plus the remastering will be new.

This 22 track CD combines the first two albums by 70 s heartthrob David Cassidy which both hit No.2 in the UK National Chart back in 1973 / 74 Both albums also hit the USA Top 40, proof of the global appeal of this massive selling pin up. Includes the hit singles Cherish (No.1 in Canada and Australia, No.9 in America), Could It Be Forever (No. 2 in the UK, Top 40 in both USA and Australia), How Can I Be Sure (No.1 UK, Top 40 USA, Germany and Australia), Rock Me Baby (No. 11 UK, No.9 Germany) and I Am A Clown (UK No.3, Germany No.12) Great booklet features in-depth liner notes plus pictures of all related singles. Totally re-mastered by Tim Turan The first in 7T s Records aim to reissue all of David s classic albums Very Happy
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Jim.
Already had the first one ordered & wondered if they were gonna do any more. Anything listed on the 7T s Records site about this.
Also will they be doing both David solo & PF?

Darryl
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be happy to have Dreams on CD. I just have a few songs recorded onto a CD from my album. Can't Go Home Again is one of my favorite songs, and I enjoy the alternate verison of Summer Days from time to time. Smile Thanks, Jim!
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVGord wrote:
I'll be happy to have Dreams on CD. I just have a few songs recorded onto a CD from my album. Can't Go Home Again is one of my favorite songs, and I enjoy the alternate verison of Summer Days from time to time. Smile Thanks, Jim!

I have a Japanese CD of Dreams that was released a few years back (when his RCA LPs were issued on CD).
The one I can't wait to hear is 'Cassidy LIVE'
This has never been on CD before.
Just wished they could've added 'All I Wanna Do Is Touch You' to the Cherish/RMB disc

Darryl
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually would like to hear Cassidy Live, too. While I was never as much as Cassidy fan as an overall Partridge fan, I got that album because--as far as I was concerned--this was The Partridge Family Live! It was a real rush to hear the cheering/screaming crowd as he hit those first words of It's Preying On My Mind!
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have Cherish and Rock Me Baby but would love to have the one with Cassidy Live! Thanks for the info, Jim....Amazon is taking preorders for the Cherish/Rock Me Baby for $18.23 right now for anyone who is interested...wonder if they will do the later albums...would love to have "Romance"

Partridgepal Very Happy
Cassidydaydreamer
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great! I hope they release all the albums remastered! Smile
Lainey
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really looking forward to Cassidy Live. I still listen to the album but would to have the CD Smile
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The extra bonus track "All I Wanna Do Is Touch You" (flip 45 single of "Cherish") will NOT be on the Glam 7't's reissue. I went to their website.
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew C. Clark wrote:
The extra bonus track "All I Wanna Do Is Touch You" (flip 45 single of "Cherish") will NOT be on the Glam 7't's reissue. I went to their website.

Can't say I'm not surprised.

Darryl
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a press release from Real Gone Records.

Press Release below!
REAL GONE’S AUGUST HEATS UP WITH REISSUES
FROM JOHNNY MATHIS’ MERCURY YEARS, DAVID CASSIDY,
AND MORE GRATEFUL DEAD DICK’S PICKS

Gary Lewis & the Playboys’ The Complete Liberty Singles returns to print

LOS ANGELES, Calif. — The summer dog days bring a diverse selection of Real Gone Music reissues, ideal for vacation listening. On August 28, 2012, the label will release six titles including Johnny Mathis’ Tender Is the Night/Wonderful World of Make-Believe and Broadway, an entire unreleased album from his underrated Mercury Records catalog paired with his Love Is Everything LP; David Cassidy’s Cassidy Live!, and Gettin’ It in the Street Gary Lewis & the Playboys’ The Complete Liberty Singles; and a four-CD Grateful Dead Dick’s Picks selection, Dick’s Picks Vol. 28—2/26/73 Pershing Municipal Auditorium, Lincoln, NE 2/28/73 Salt Palace, Salt Lake City, UT.

The all-time king of teen idols was arguably David Cassidy, eldest son of television’s Partridge Family. Cassidy’s star was so bright, in fact, that he was one of the very few ’70s teen idols who was able to achieve a successful, long-lived solo career after the initial burst of teen hype — in fact, it was Cassidy’s desire to tackle more mature musical material that in part led to the end of the show. Despite their commercial success, however, those solo recordings have remained largely unavailable, with only Cassidy’s first two albums reissued on compact disc in this country. Real Gone Music is delving into Cassidy’s rich catalog with a series of releases featuring liner notes by ’70s pop expert Mike Ragogna and new remastering by Vic Anesini at Battery Studios in NYC, and begins with Cassidy’s most collectible titles. Recorded in Britain during his 1974 world tour, the live album Cassidy Live! provides eloquent testimony both to the kind of hysteria David Cassidy concerts generated and to his global appeal. Despite that global appeal, however, the album has never appeared on CD anywhere in the world. Featuring tunes by Oscar Hammerstein & Richard Rodgers, Leon Russell and Stephen Stills, it confirms that Cassidy had bigger things in mind than teen idol-dom. Meanwhile, Cassidy’s 1976 album Gettin’ It in the Street never saw a proper release in the U.S. even though it featured songwriting from Brian Wilson, guitar work by Mick Ronson and co-production by America’s Gerry Beckley. This overlooked gem from the Cassidy catalog has only been on CD in Japan.

Darryl
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, it's not Dreams Are Nuthin' More Than Wishes, after all... That's...disappointing.
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops!...Posted in wrong thread.

See...

http://www.cmongethappy.com/bulletin/viewtopic.php?p=42291#42291

Darryl
Topanga
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody got the CHERISH/ROCK ME BABY double CD from 7T s Records? Would be interested in a review. Sound quality compared to the Buddha and BMG Heritage releases. Especially interested in a review of the CD insert booklet. Was wondering if it is worth getting these releases again or waiting for Real Gone Music to release these.
JacksonSnipeFan
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVGord wrote:
So, it's not Dreams Are Nuthin' More Than Wishes, after all... That's...disappointing.

hi, TVGord and everybody on board,
Dreams Are Nuthin More Than Wishes / The Higher They Climb
twofer coming on Sep 18.
http://www.amazon.com/Dreams-Nuthin-More-Wishes-Higher/dp/B008PDRNWM/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344135091&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=Dreams+are+nuthin%27+more+than+wishes+%2F+the+higher+they+climb
product description from amazon uk:
"This 24 track CD combines David Cassidy s UK No.1 album Dreams Are Nuthin More Than Wishes with the Top 30 follow up The Harder They Climb , both of which are appearing on CD in Europe for the first time. Includes the British chart topper Daydreamer / The Puppy Song which also hit the Top 30 s in Australia and Germany. The UK No.11 I Write The Songs and the No. 16 Darlin are also both featured. Includes guest appearances by members of The Beach Boys, America and The Turtles with Beach Boy Bruce Johnston actually producing the The Higher They Climb album."

also coming in twofer, Oct 9,
Home Is Where the Heart Is / Getting It in Street
http://www.amazon.com/Home-Where-Heart-Getting-Street/dp/B008PDRO4Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344135601&sr=8-1&keywords=Home+is+where+the+heart+is+%2F+getting%27+it+in+the+street
the amazon uk product description:
"A two on one 19 track coupling of probably the two rarest albums by 70 s heart-throb David Cassidy. Gettin It In The Street was never ever issued in the UK and both albums make their debut on CD in Europe. Includes the singles Tomorrow (the Paul and Linda McCartney tune), Breakin Down Again and Gettin It In The Street (which features the late Mick Ronson on guitar). Also features a cover of Pilot s January which was released as a single in Germany."

well, i suppose the next up could be "Romance" and one other. Chronologically, it should be "Best of David Cassidy/Classic Songs", the album which aimed to synchronize with the broadcasting of "Man Undercover". i doubt that would happen though. on one hand the album was considered by DC as an unpolished/unfinished/unofficial project, on the other hand the copy right of the album belongs to Curb Records, which has not been very supportive in releasing Shaun's repertoire. but then again 7T worked with Curb Records on the Osmonds portfolio before, so one never knows.

or, Romance could be paired with "David Cassidy" as well. since it came after Romance... contentwise, it works better with pairing of "DC" and "Didn't you used to be..." though. but then again the label Enigma had since gone under, i have no idea who owns the right now.

in any cases, DC tried his TV comeback with "Best of DC", made his European comeback with "Romance", his American "DC". so the twofer could be his "comeback albums" i suppose... as for re-releasing of "Romance" itself, maybe it's not a bad idea for Real Gone Music to pick it up alone... just as in the case of Cassidy Live... which i thought would never get to see the light of day at all...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Music! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: