[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Bewitched (TV Series)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simone70
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Bewitched (TV Series) Reply with quote

Hi There! Just wanted to tell you about Bewitched, another one of my favorite shows. It had 8 seasons, from '64 to '72. It starred: Elizabeth Montgomery, Dick York, Agnes Moorehead, David White, and lot more. It's great, and you all should try it out!

P.S. Jack Cassidy was a guest star in a episode. Danny Bonaduce, too!

Simone70
Partridgefan1970
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was one of my favorite shows as a kid, still love to watch the reruns.
Simone70
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! What's one of your favorite episodes? Mine is: 'My what big ears you have', from season 4. It's the one where 'Endora' puts a spell on darrin that makes his ears grow every time he lies.

"Lumpkin, pumpkin, spiders eye. If this mortal he doth lie, when told to friend or told to foe, each lie will cause his ears to grow!" Laughing

Simone70
danny-boy
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVED IT! On Monday on TCM there was an old black-and-white movie with some similarities, unfortunately did not get the title. There are nasty rumors of a remake of my beloved series. If someone tries, witches should cast a spell on them!
Simone70
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of the new series, too. Wasn't the movie a flop? Then why should they try a show, too?!? Grrr, they're gonna ruin it! Have you checked out www.harpiesbizarre.com yet? It's really good, filled with tons of neat info. I also have a blog dedicated to Agnes Moorehead: www.aggie-obsessed.tumblr.com hope ya like it!

Simone70
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen the movie a couple of times. Nicole Kidman was actually quite good - no Elizabeth Montgomery mind you, but she was good for what it was. Shirely McClaine and Michael Caine were great and added a touch of class.

I didn't like Will Ferrell - a little bit of Will Ferrell goes a long way with me. Part of the problem with the movie - and with Ferrell's character - was they intentionally made him so unlikeable. Though he did have a great line when he is talking to his agent and suddenly realizes that he is 'replaceable' - that was funny.

I always liked "Bewitched" and became a bigger fan of the show when it aired on Nick at Nite/TV Land.

Ed
Simone70
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I can be happy that they made a new movie of it is that maybe that's why they put the old show on DVD. Very Happy I don't want to watch it, in case it would ruin the show for me. Embarassed No matter how good they cast the parts, it couldn't possibly compare to the originals. Just like Dick Seargent was no where as good as Dick York. Just my opinion, I guess. Very Happy

Simone70
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't want to see a new series either. I think that rather than re-creating classic sitcoms, producers should be seeking out talent for new scripted works. This particular season there are a few good ones such as "Whtney" (Starring Whitney Cummings), "2 Broke Girls", "Last Man Standing" (starring Tim Allen), and a few others but those mentioned I've enjoyed.

Ed
Simone70
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really shouldn't redo any old TV shows. Part of the magic of old TV is that it's old! Also, they couldn't cast any of the original actors (at least not as the same part) so if you watched the show just for them, what's to use now? They should just hire some good writers to come up with some new shows. Very Happy

Simone70
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: