[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Come on Get Happy - FACEBOOK?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask The Webmasters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Come on Get Happy - FACEBOOK? Reply with quote

Scott,
I find it curious that there is no Facebook page or any FB, Twitter or other share options on the website or bulletin board. Is there something in the works?

Ed
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure why the site needs a Facebook page, when we have a Bulletin Board. Wouldn't they cancel each other out?? There aren't a lot of people posting as it is. Laughing
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your point. But I have a friend who does a Mets blog and he posts his blogs to his 'blog site' but also to his facebook site and then that leads folks reading on facebook to this blog. The cross posting probably helps build his reading audience.

FB and Twitter are current and I'm sure in the next year or so another 'big thing' will come along. But it seems everyone and his Uncle and mother in law are on FB so it might be a good idea to raise CGH's profile with a presence on FB.

I figured it would be a good idea to be able to share not only bulletin board posts but recommending other parts of the website - interviews, album/episode guides - heck even letting people in on the dvd watchers club.

I'm sure you have thought of these things. You've made a few good choices over the years for the site, and have alot of work to do in that regard. I always want what's best for the site. Just food for thought. Munch away.

Ed
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not following that last line. I have a lot of work to do in making good choices for the site?
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No No no - in reading it over it came out wrong. You do great work for the site, and are responsible for alot of it. I know that that your work here is continuous. I care about the site and was just sharing an idea based on how my website use has changed since I've been using Facebook.

A few years ago I beieve you came up with the "Partridge Papers" blog right? Perhaps that type of blog with a facebook/twitter connection would bring more attention and traffic to the site.

I'm not on Facebook all the time - don't get me wrong I'm not obsessed with updating my profile every 15 minutes or sharing every random thought that comes into my brain. But I get alot of updates from the various interest groups - whether it is news worthy or not - some polls, discussion issues and what not. Why shouldn't I get one from CGH on a Partridge Family topic? If it is really time consuming and your energy is better suited on other aspects of the website - I understand but it may be something to investigate.

Scott, you know far better than me what is right for the site. In my writing group we put out scene or play to read and then listen to critique (not a critcism). You can use the comments or advice or are free to throw it out!

Ed
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheriffswell wrote:
No No no - in reading it over it came out wrong. You do great work for the site, and are responsible for alot of it. I know that that your work here is continuous. I care about the site and was just sharing an idea based on how my website use has changed since I've been using Facebook.

A few years ago I beieve you came up with the "Partridge Papers" blog right? Perhaps that type of blog with a facebook/twitter connection would bring more attention and traffic to the site.

I'm not on Facebook all the time - don't get me wrong I'm not obsessed with updating my profile every 15 minutes or sharing every random thought that comes into my brain. But I get alot of updates from the various interest groups - whether it is news worthy or not - some polls, discussion issues and what not. Why shouldn't I get one from CGH on a Partridge Family topic? If it is really time consuming and your energy is better suited on other aspects of the website - I understand but it may be something to investigate.

Scott, you know far better than me what is right for the site. In my writing group we put out scene or play to read and then listen to critique (not a critcism). You can use the comments or advice or are free to throw it out!

Ed

I'm on Facebook too, but don't check it everyday.
Most of the people on my FB page are far away relatives & close friends.
Also with a CGH FB presence how many will be true fans?

Darryl
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let's skip the Facebook thing.
If someone wants to they can mention it on their page, but I'm actually sick of Facebook.

I really hated the fact that the David Forever group moved there and away from Yahoo Groups, although I have been informed that it was work to moderate and that's why they moved to Facebook. I find Facebook too busy and confusing. ( Maybe I'm getting old).
Also I see I am ranting a bit here. so I will stop.

Thank you Scott, for all you do to keep this board running.
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facebook is good if used in the right way, but it just has gotten outta control.
I limit my FB time.

Darryl
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Bulletin Board will always be the main place that PF info is shared -- at least my info. Facebook would be an intriguing idea if there were more "followers" than there are right now. I'm afraid that Facebook would be just as dead, if not more so than this BB has been lately. Can you imagine -- the cmopngethappy.com Facebook page would have 3 "friends." Laughing Laughing Plus, with Facebook, you have to use your real name and most people here have fake names.

I have a Facebook page, but I limit it to family and close personal friends that I interact with frequently. I don't get why some people seem to collect "friends" that they have never even met. Laughing
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
This Bulletin Board will always be the main place that PF info is shared -- at least my info. Facebook would be an intriguing idea if there were more "followers" than there are right now. I'm afraid that Facebook would be just as dead, if not more so than this BB has been lately. Can you imagine -- the cmopngethappy.com Facebook page would have 3 "friends." Laughing Laughing Plus, with Facebook, you have to use your real name and most people here have fake names.

I have a Facebook page, but I limit it to family and close personal friends that I interact with frequently. I don't get why some people seem to collect "friends" that they have never even met. Laughing

Exactly.
The only people I have friended on there (that I've never met) are friends I've known for many years.

Darryl
CindyW
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was one of the owners of he David Forever yahoo group and I miss it, too. I personally dislike it now on Facebook and rarely check it because of all the post referring you to YouTube videos. I have two Facebook account to keep my DC/PF and personal "friends" separate. I really hate Facebook - lol - and would hate to see this board go down that road.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask The Webmasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: