[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episode # 96: "S.O.S."

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Four
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Episode # 96: "S.O.S." Reply with quote

...---... (S.O.S.)
Written by Richard Bensfield & Perry Grant Directed by Bob Claver Produced by Mel Swope
Original Air Date: March 23, 1974

Danny and Keith follow their mother when she goes on a date with her high school sweetheart, now a dashing Navy Captain
Guest Cast: George Chakiris

Song:
"Roller Coaster," music and lyrics by Mark James (on The Partridge Family Bulletin Board)

Last edited by Scott on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to watch this tomorrow as a full-circle pledge to be a part of the new round of the DVD Watcher's Club. I'm at a point in my life where I need a little Partridge Family on a regular basis, so I am really looking forward to this!
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sad that we are at the end of the series here.

The last shot of Shirley is a beautiful final shot.

My only problem with this episode is Keith. The most inconsistent characterization in a single episode of the whole series, here.

We already had Keith go through his letting go of Mom crisis in the early years
and he is helping Laurie get in touch with Chuck.

Danny is going through his own adolescence so it makes sense that he has to learn what Keith has already learned as even restated in their final talk.

so why does Keith go with Danny to Muldoon's Point? why didn't he try to talk Danny out of jumping to conclusions and Danny just go on his own anyway?

Oh well, I still love the show and always will.

will probably follow along on the restart, but might not comment since I have done this cycle and want to hear what others have to say.

Gord? Look forward to hearing from you.
alain m. bergeron
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: roller coaster Reply with quote

hi pf fans !
yep... last episode. Kathy's right : the last shot is beautiful with shirley (wasn't she in the first shot of the pilot ? I guess). And it is sad that the serie ended. For that reason, I never really liked this episode. The writers were getting tired...
but david's performance while singing Roller Coaster is one of his best of four seasons. The way he moves and he rocks is great. And the camera zooming on him on the last chorus is a thrill to see. Yeah, good show and it reminds how a good musical number can save an ordinary script.
merci !
alain
KathySTL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like the "Roller Coaster" performance a lot.
Went out on a high note with that.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Four All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: