[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episode # 93: "Keith and Lauriebelle"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Four
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Episode # 93: "Keith and Lauriebelle" Reply with quote

Keith and Lauriebelle
Written by Richard Bensfield & Perry Grant Directed by Roger Duchowny Produced by Mel Swope
Original Air Date: March 2, 1974

To make a girl jealous, Keith has Laurie pose as his date, a southern belle named "Lauriebelle Culpepper.".
Guest Cast: Sherry Miles, Jack Stauffer, Colby Haines, Lindsay V. Jones

Song:
"How Long Is Too Long," music and lyrics by John Bahler and Tony Asher (on The Partridge Family Bulletin Board)

Last edited by Scott on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the few episodes in Season Four that I actually enjoy watching over and over. You have to suspend belief that the PF is a well-known singing group, though. Otherwise, WHY THE HELL DON'T PEOPLE IN TOWN RECOGNIZE LAURIE AS A PARTRIDGE??? Laughing Laughing
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the Reprise & Warner Bros. Records which they go to the record store. You will also see "Sesame Street 2" on the back side. Wonder if Screen Gems gave the rights to those record labels??
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't matter how often I've seen the episode, I always crack up when Laurie says "Culpepper".

And yeah, Scott, major suspension of belief in this episode. A lot of Season 4 episodes had story lines that turned the famous family into an unknown entity, didn't they?
RockMoonStar
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that episode from forever ago. I have a book where they are in costumes in an old photograph. Double Trouble woah is that situation. I guess the times were different back then.

Shirley sure did birth some bright eyed beautiful children.

Cool
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your'e right. there is definitely a suspension of belief issue here.
Even though Karen is from Ohio, it's difficult to believe that when Keith says that no one at the party will know Laurie that it's the case.

In the first season, there was that girl in the store who didn't know Keith, but that would have been early in their career. Now 4 years later they should be better known, also San Pueblo isn't that large a place and Keith commutes to college, so some of his friends had to be from around town.
of Course, as mentioned with an email group of mine, Continuity was not the PF's strong suit. Entertaining eps....yes.

Love the accents though. When Shirley has to become Mother Culpepper I hear Laurey from Oklahoma coming out. It's a funny episode, with lines for everybody.
(noticed Chris and Tracy going through Keith's phone book while he is making calls and kibbutzing)
Simone70
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Shirley Jones Oklahoma Reply with quote

I thought it was neat the Shirley Jones did her 'Oklahoma' accent in this one. Funny that they'd have her do it like before. I think she's the most beautiful person I've ever seen. Her smile is enough to cheer me up, no matter what! I mostly watch PF for her (Of cource for David Cassidy, too Laughing Very Happy ) She's so wonderful, and I was lucky enough to meet her and get her autograph, too! (on a photo from 'Oklahoma'.) I hope very much that I can meet her again, and spend some time with her. She's a wonderful singer and actress. So, Bravo, Shirley!!! Dancing Applause

P.S. In another episode, they made remarks about 'Oklahoma', and 'Rodgers & Hammerstein'.

Simone70
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my fave episode from Season 4, Shirley's reaction to being introduced as Mother Culpepper still breaks me up. "why I declare, I've known little ol keith since he was knee high to a boll weevil"
BLUEBIRD
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
This is one of the few episodes in Season Four that I actually enjoy watching over and over. You have to suspend belief that the PF is a well-known singing group, though. Otherwise, WHY THE HELL DON'T PEOPLE IN TOWN RECOGNIZE LAURIE AS A PARTRIDGE??? Laughing Laughing

LOL SCOTT! Maybe the party guests didn't go to the concerts or buy the records............??

Fun episode!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Four All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: