[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

American Idol
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BonnieNY
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: American Idol Reply with quote

Is anyone watching? I'm not spoiling anything for the West coasters, but I just saw the worst elimination since Jennifer Hudson's elimination. Crying or Very sad
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonnie, scince you and I have discussed this in personal email, I knew you would be upset over Pia beting sent home. I definitely thought Stefano should have gone home.

No one really, really excites me this season. I thought all of the girls were very talented but rather boring and I guess other people agree with me as all of the eliminated contestants have been girls.

I really like Paul's kind of quirky style but I don't expect him to be around long. I like Casey and James a lot too,
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonnie,

I totally agree with you. I was so upset Pia was voted off...it was a travesty. Even Randy, who said he never gets upset on the show, said he got angry about this.

I told my wife a couple of months ago that I thought James Durbin was going to win and I still feel that way. He is so much like Adam Lambert from a couple of years(yells a lot) and I really think he's going to be there in the end.

Ken
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie and Ken,

I really thought the finale would feature Pia vs. James. I love them both. I'm still upset about Pia. I feel terrible for her, but I'm sure she'll get a record deal. I hope something big comes along for her. She's so talented.

The other girls are just meh, IMO.

Now I'm all about James winning. I do like Casey, though, so James vs. Casey would probably be a pretty good finale match-up.

Bumming Bonnie Sad
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a big fan of Paul's but I had a feeling he would be going home last night. I loved his quirky style and big smile.

I have always liked Casey but was so impressed with his song choice and performance Wednesday night. I was so glad he didn't choose the Phil Collins song that Jimmy Iovine suggested!! I was also glad to see James stick to his guns and perform what he wanted.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie,

Paul does have a quirky style and a Rod Stewart-like voice. I enjoyed him and was sorry to see him go.

I wonder if the contestants ignoring Jimmy and doing their own thing has anything to do with Pia? She was never in the Bottom 3 when she was singing ballads. As soon as she took the judges' advice and sang an upbeat tune, she was eliminated.
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY.... A Partridge Family mention on Idol tonight. They were doing songs by Carole King tonight and when they mentioned artists who have done her songs they mentioned The PF and had a picture of them.

2 songs which were done tonight which were done by the PF were
"Oh No Not My Baby" and "I"m Into Something Good". I know these were done by other artists but it was so nice to FINALLY hear some great 70's music on Idol....Let Us Rejoice.

Ken
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxine Brown from 1964 covered "Oh No Not My Baby" while Rod Stewart did the remake in late 1973.
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so cool that they mentioned PF on American Idol. Nice, albeit brief, exposure to a young audience. Remember last year, they were supposed to cover teen idols at one point? The idea got canned at the last minute.

I love the PF's version of "I'm Into Something Good"!
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeeDee...I didn't know they were thinking of doing teen idols last year. That would have been really great....I'm sure DC would have been included.

I love PF "I'm Into Something Good" also. Originally I think this song was recorded by Herman's Hermits...which was in the 60's I believe.

Ken
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, Ken, you're right, mid-60s for the Herman's Hermits' version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOEn6ruJRck&feature=related

The lyrics don't sound as innocent when David Cassidy sings them Wink http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90YCBtRrKyE Would be nice if it were released.

Anyway, I digress.
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF happened last night???? It's Chris Daughtery all over again!!! I don't know if I'll even watch the final two episodes. Shocked Shocked Shocked
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie63 wrote:
WTF happened last night???? It's Chris Daughtery all over again!!! I don't know if I'll even watch the final two episodes. Shocked Shocked Shocked

I completely agree, Marjorie. I have no interest in the contestants who remain. Mad
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I decided to stick it out for the last few shows of the season.

Of the Final Three, I like Haley the best.
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haley was my favorite of the top 3 too but I guess America just wanted country singers in the finals. I will watch the last show just to see all the performances but I don't care who wins. I remember when I saw Scottie during the initial auditions, I thought he would win the whole thing. He's talented but just not my cup of tea.

I hope James gets to perform with Aerosmith or at least Steven by himself..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: