[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episode # 85: "Al In The Family"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Four
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Episode # 85: "Al In The Family" Reply with quote

Al In The Family
Written by William S. Bickley Directed by Charles Rondeau Produced by Mel Swope
Original Air Date: November 24, 1973

Reuben Kincaid's nephew, Alan, is a total failure at everything he tries but he longs to be a comedian.
Guest Cast: Alan Bursky, Gino Conforti

Songs:
"That's the Way It Is With You," music and lyrics by Harriet Schoch (on The Partridge Family Bulletin Board)
"I'm Into Something Good," music and lyrics by Gerry Goffin and Carole King (unreleased on commercial LP) (Screen Gems Volume 8 )

Last edited by Scott on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just ready to start this today when I saw Scott's post.

All in the Family is an interesting title since I believe it was the competiion the night this aired.

The Alan character is most appealing. Would love to have seen more of him, perhaps traveling with Partridges on another epsisode.

Love the cover of I'm into something good. This should have been released on a commercial album.

Nice that the gig was treated as real in that we saw the family practicing the song that they actuall sang at the concert before dinner.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The character was supposed to become a series regular. Read Dave Madden's interview (People and Places section) to find out why that didn't happen. Very Happy
KathySTL

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame they had problems ( I actually just went over and read the interview, Very Happy , should have done so sooner).

It didn't show on screen and he would have been a much better addition than Ricky. ( not Ricky's fault, I know.)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Four All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: