[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Fanfiction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask The Webmasters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrs. Cassidy
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Fanfiction Reply with quote

I just had a question involving the section of the board called RoundRobin. I was wondering....if we have written a story about the Partridge Family that is NOT roundrobin and is only by us, are we still allowed to post it on RoundRobin? Or is there another place to post it?
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That section was disbanded quite a while ago. The Round Robin section has been dormant since 2006, but if you want to post it in that section, I don't think others will be responding with a story continuation. That's probably the best place for it. Very Happy
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't visited RR in forever.
I miss when someone would start a story and we all added to it.
Good Times

Darryl
Simone70
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there. I like the round-robin page, in fact, i posted a story there. If anyone wants to add to it, please do!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

Simone70
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New stories are always welcome at Round Robin! Please share your stories! If you have a solo story or poem you want to post - just make a note in your Title - SOLO NO ROBIN or something like that and folk should get the message. I had posted my Partridge Family solo fan fiction there years ago but after a hacking incident on the board - it was removed when the board had to be cleansed!

Thankfully Round Robin is still here - despite the threats to delete it from the board. Round Robin had some early success when it was added in the early 2000's - 2003 I think! We had some good stories.

Unfortunately there was a lack of interest by most of the posters, and the moderators weren't all that interested either in promoting it. I didn't do enough to inspire interest in it either.

I still think it could be a lot of fun. So feel free to post to Round Robin and have fun!
dreamboatkaren
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheriffswell wrote:
I had posted my Partridge Family solo fan fiction there years ago but after a hacking incident on the board - it was removed when the board had to be cleansed!

Hey Sheriff, it would be 'swell" if you could repost that story!" Very Happy We could use a little action there!

Karen
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed, how are we supposed to "promote" it? Please tell me and I will try. Where should it be advertised? It's been here for years, and there hasn't been much interest. The last post was in April. You didn't respond until November. Laughing Laughing Also, I didn't "threaten" to delete it. I asked if there was interest in keeping it here, as I did with the Ruby and the Rockits section. Nobody was participating, so I thought there wasn't any interest. People asked to keep the sections, so I did, and gladly. Same story with the DVD Watchers Club. If there's no interest, I am not sure it's worth the time that needs to be put into it. Interest in the PF comes and goes, and I think we have been in a "goes" mode for quite some time.

I think we need a new scandal. Laughing
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the day 2003 or whatenver when Round Robin was added to the BB there was very limited if at all interest from Mickey, Jen or yourself. No psotings, no contribution. Ok so maybe it wasn't the best idea or it wasn't your or their their thing. I get it. But where you guys posted others followed - that would have been 'promotion'.

To be honest that sapped some of my initial engergy for it. I should have worked harder on it. Maybe be a bit more pushy.

I'd be happy to work on it again - and hope that there are some people that want to be invoved. Scott, like you said interest in the PF comes and goes and we are definately in a 'goes' mode - so maybe getting round robin re-started would help. If you feel it is too expensive/time consuming to maintain then by all means do what you feel is best for the site. I suppose if anyone had a story or poem or whatever we could psot it to General Chit Chat or whatever.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no expense whatsoever in keeping any sections to the BB. It's a section that we created for others to participate in. Writing is not my interest or forte, but we provided you all with the section, and made you (Ed) the moderator. But please don't fault me for the section languishing because I haven't posted in there. I do my best to provide different areas for different people's interest. When I see sections not being used, I asked a simple question as to whether you all wanted it kept. I am not itching to delete it. It's there and as long as one person wants it, it can stay. It's a non-issue.

I disagree that where I post, others follow. I post every week in the DVD Watchers Club and there's certainly no rush from people there. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask The Webmasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: