[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

David Cassidy invitation to UK fans - April 2011
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never been "enamored." Ever. Very Happy
Britfan
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'People pay that much to go to a club on New Year's Eve'? What circles do you mix in,that's an expensive night out. I'd pay
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This event is being done by his website and Brit promoter - who a UK fan said is his UK limo driver, a guy named Neville, who now has this company MLR Promotions. I was also told they did the auction for first row UK concert seats/bkstage meeting in 2008. On the DC Fans Then and Now site one fan who called the number given posted what she was told about the evening. At the Isle of Wight event of 2008 referred to, there were 120 fans and the event was a 7 hour meet & greet but some did not get their chance. I hope too that this goes better. This is an event by his people for a certain group of fans, so it was for them to send out notices, which they did, to just that sector. And they can answer questions by fans interested since they are making the details.

"I've just got off the phone from the promotors,
If you want to go you can ring them on 07803614807
The tickets are
DCFAN72
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember MLR promotions did his last tour in the UK in 2008, but it was his webmaster Ashley Walls who ran the Meet and Greet auctions on Ebay, because I emailed her and asked if any of the money raised would be going to charity,needless to say, I didn't get a reply Rolling Eyes
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I googled to see if MLR had a company website or street address but I couldn't find anything.

Last edited by PazJD on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis so "buyer beware." No one can give attention to 300 people in one evening. People should go for the DC fan companionship and the possibility of SOME kind of face time but please do not think he will be dancing with you into the wee hours!
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand from fans who are going, the company informed them that their credit card processing system went off so fans cannot pay by credit card, and are instead required to make direct bank transfers of the cost of ticket into the company's bank account. It is a non-refundable transfer.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh huh. Anybody doing that deserves to have their bank accounts depleted. Laughing Sounds like a real racket to me.
kiethlives
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does sound a bit creepy doesn't it.
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"their credit card processing system went off"?!?

Permanently or will it be reestablished shortly? Does the credit card processing company know? Because I'm sure they'd be tripping over themselves to fix it. Most of these companies offer 24/7 support. Is payment via Paypal an option? It's easy to refund money with Paypal. Not that I understand why a bank transfer couldn't be reversed.

I understand how promoters wouldn't want to offer refunds for this type of event. They have to pay in advance for all the catering, room rental, etc. and wouldn't get a last minute refund from those suppliers and businesses. It's a gamble for everyone. Buyer beware.
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeeDee wrote:
"their credit card processing system went off"?!?

Permanently or will it be reestablished shortly? Does the credit card processing company know? Because I'm sure they'd be tripping over themselves to fix it. Most of these companies offer 24/7 support. Is payment via Paypal an option? It's easy to refund money with Paypal. Not that I understand why a bank transfer couldn't be reversed.

I understand how promoters wouldn't want to offer refunds for this type of event. They have to pay in advance for all the catering, room rental, etc. and wouldn't get a last minute refund from those suppliers and businesses. It's a gamble for everyone. Buyer beware.

I cannot direct link you to the thread on the DC Fans Then and Now messageboard that told about the problem. But I've pasted here a few of the information of what fans need to do if they want to buy tickets. It was about a week and 1/2 ago that the credit card processing thing went kaput. So if any on here are interested to attend, it has to be by bank transfer.

Hi, I had a phone call from MLR, saying they had a problem with their payment system, I had paid via credit card. I was informed that the amount would be credited back to my account, which I have just checked and I have been refunded. They gave me details to pay it via a bank. Anyone else had this happen to them?

When I phoned MLR they said they'd had problems with credit card payments
and to pay by bank transfer. I said I could get to my bank that week, she told me I should be able to do it by phone.

MLR gave me their bank sort code and account number, the name of the bank and branch. They said to ring my bank with these details and to give my name as the reference. (the Ref no. MLR gave me was for their reference, not the bank).

I rang my bank on Weds, and it was really easy.

I asked to make a bank transfer, then gave them MLR bank account details, with my name as reference. She said it was non-refundable and would clear in 2 hours.

I then phoned MLR back to confirm all was okay.

Hi, Thanks for all the info. I did ask at my bank and was informed that I could either do it online, or go to an HSBC. The thing is my credit card was my preferred method of payment, for added security etc. I am going to contact MLR again to check if their machine is still down, if so I will have to transfer money to my current account, something I really could do without doing, at this time of year. I could withdraw money from my credit card, but this would cost me as well.

Last edited by PazJD on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
PazJD
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel more comfortable paying via credit card, because you can always stop the charge or enter a question about it to the credit company and while that is going the payment is in limbo. I don't know what happens once you put the money right into the other place's bank account directly. I also agree fans to need to be aware.
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me get this straight. People paid by credit card and were told this method of payment didn't work yet were credited? Does anyone else see the problem here? If you are credited, it's because the credit card company has processed your transaction. Bogus reason.

The real reason they want bank transfers instead of credit payment is to eliminate their risk of not getting paid 100%. Cheeky of them to go back to people who've already paid by credit card and ask for a bank transfer. I can see them changing their payment method going forward but to actually backtrack on completed transactions? Eesh. The credit card company must be holding back a hefty percentage of their payment.

Well, at least people are told upfront that it's non-refundable. The event still has the possibility of a fun night out (London!!!) and a chance to meet other fans.
Britfan
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my reservations are the same as yours DeeDee. There's no way I'd pay this way with no proof of purchase or anything other than credit card which is the safest method and guarantees you money back if anything should go wrong. Hopefully these ladies will be refunded if the event gets cancelled at any time. Anyone want to take bets? LOL! I'm sure he'll be there though, even if he has to have a gun pressed into his back, (just joking)!

I guess MLR promotions dont want to pay the credit card companies (a fee is charged to a business for every credit card puchase a customer makes) therefore giving them more profit. The venue hasn't even been mentioned yet. There are some real dives in London, most are okay but it can still be a lottery. A cheaper hotel would also give them more profit. The cynic in me is aroused. I hope they actually have a venue in place already as Prince William's wedding is in April and London will be quite full during that month!

If it were a cheaper event and I wanted to go, I'd like to know the venue so I could either stay there (if it's nice enough) or find a hotel/bed and breakfast nearby. If the event finishes at 1:00 am, it's not the best time to be finding your way home around London, although central London is fairly safe.
DeeDee
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only does a credit card company charge a transaction fee to a business for credit card purchases (around 2% IIRC), it withholds a certain percentage of the payment for a certain time period (30 days?) depending on its risk of getting repaid in full by the customer. Newer businesses with a high risk of customer dissatisfaction or non-payment will get withheld a larger percentage of their payment than large, well-established businesses with predictable customer satisfaction levels. This explains why small fledgling stores often won't accept credit cards. They have no track record to show the credit card company and the cc company can choose to hold back 20% of their payment, for example.

This promoter is most probably not getting back close to the 100% of the payment (minus the transaction fee) from the credit card company and so is having difficulty setting up the event with only 80% (or whatever percentage the credit card company allows him) of costs.

As Britfan pointed out, the venue has not even been announced and an April royal wedding is certain to affect venue availability for any event promoter in the city. I doubt anyone can expect any type of refund for this event and I don't think the promoter is promoting it with any claims of "satisfaction guaranteed or money refunded" either.

If I pay any merchant by credit card and he turns around to say he wants to change the method payment AFTER the transaction has gone through, I'd tell him to take a hike. How would I know if the transaction had gone through? I'd call my credit card company. Once you pay by credit card, you've effectively paid your purchase and it falls to the merchant to duke it out with the credit card company to get his money. This is the protection offered by paying by credit card. If you come back with a refund claim, the credit card company can give it to you because they didn't pay the merchant in full. Don't fall for anyone saying the payment method didn't go through without checking with your credit card company first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: