[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

SEASON FOUR! Episode # 75 "Hate Thy Neighbor"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Four
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: SEASON FOUR! Episode # 75 "Hate Thy Neighbor" Reply with quote

Hate Thy Neighbor
Written by George Tibbles and William S. Bickley

Last edited by Scott on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
alain m. bergeron
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like this episode which launch season 4. To have the family sing right from the first scene "I'll never get over you" (best song on the Bulletin Board album) is pure pleasure.
And the story with little Ricky who wants to sing and join the family on stage, at a concert, goes along fine. It seemed natural. But, it should have stopped right there. No encore... This being written, it's not Ricky's fault if the producers got to think it was a good idea. That was not the case. But let's not blame little Ricky for it.
Besides, Ricky or not, it was obvious that this was the last season.
merci
alain
GeoffB40
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: SEASON FOUR! Episode # 75 "Hate Thy Neighbor" Reply with quote

Here is some very special trivia....

Those of you who are lucky enough to have seen the 1977 Thanksgiving Special with the casts of both "The Partridge Family" and "My Three Sons" might like to know that the 'connection' between these two shows starts indirectly with this particular episode!

Ronne Troup has a small role as Ricky Stevens' older sister Donna and many of you will recognize her from her most remembered role as Polly Douglas, original youngest son Chip's wife from the last two seasons of "My Three Sons". Stanley Livingston who played Chip Douglas recently told me that when he saw Ronne in June, 2010 at the "My Three Sons" 50th Anniversary celebration event at the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills, it was the first time he had seen and caught up with her since the 1977 Thanksgiving Special that was made by Dick Clark Productions!!

Additionally, the 'Hate thy Neighbor' episode was co-written by George Tibbles who was the original story editor and eventual Head Writer on "My Three Sons" during its 12 seasons on the air 1960-72. George wrote 85 scripts solo and contributed to 10 other episodes of the show's huge 380-episode catologue, more than that of any other writer. He passed away in 1987 aged 73.

A prolific writer from television's golden age era, he also worked on "Leave it to Beaver", "The Munsters" and "Pistols and Petticoats" as well as the Brian Keith vehicle "Family Affair" which was made and filmed by Don Fedderson Productions, who also made "My Three Sons".
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recognized Ronnie Troup right off the bat, but I didn't catch the George Tibbles connection til you pointed it out.

I agree that this episode with the introduction of Ricky as a neighborhood kid was nicely done, and the story of new neighbors is a good one.

Unfortunately, going forward just inserting Ricky into the show just for the sake of him singing was poor storytelling.
They did have rucurring characters over the years like Punky Lazaar and it worked because it served the story.
If they had another story where Ricky would have fit in, he would be less of joke these days.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Four All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: