[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episode # 70: "Forgive Us Our Debits"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Three
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Episode # 70: "Forgive Us Our Debits" Reply with quote

Forgive Us Our Debits
Written by Skip Webster

Last edited by Scott on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this day of computerized phone calls and everything done by computer. (including this post) there are a lot of reasons this episode will never grow old.

The technology though, yes. My how things have changed. Very Happy
kiethlives
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree that this episode doesn't really grow old. But the response to tech issues sure has changed hasn't it? Laurie picketing the Department store with a brunch of 'professional' picketers is so funny and impossible to imagine now. Think about picketing Macy's or the Gap because of mis-charges on a credit card. It shows how passive we have become doesn't it, when a little tiny sit-com takes on matters of moral responsibility? Funny too, that 'dummy' Keith is smart enough to figure out how to program the computer using the stolen manual, and he figures it out in about a minute! That certainly wouldn't fly now, as we all know how helpful computer manuals actually are! And none of us are as feather headed as our dear Keith. Confused Laughing
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really think it's impossible to imagine that people would take the time to picket a department store? Check out this YouTube clip with people picketing at Target:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1inmoke76E&feature=player_embedded

I LOVE it! Laughing Laughing Laughing
kiethlives
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, call me house bound! Right On! Laughing Laughing
TheBops
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I saw this episode, just a couple of years ago, I was struck by how current it seems. Yes, the hardware is much different back then, but the fact that they were using computers and promoting it as being more efficient is something that I didn't realize was around necessarily in the early 70s. I knew computers were around but I thought they were more for the academic setting and not so much in the mainstream business world. Of course the one thing that doesn't not match up with today's world is how the computer prints and mails everything. Nowadays we would just get an email.

On a different note, John David Carson passed away last year at the age of 57. I tried to do a little research on it a while back and couldn't find out much, other than he seemed to have a troubled life for at least long stretches of it. I couldn't find out a cause of death, but it seemed to be possibly drug related or suicide. I don't know that for sure and could be way offbase on that.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Three All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: