[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episode # 66: "I Left My Heart In Cincinnati"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Three
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Episode # 66: "I Left My Heart In Cincinnati" Reply with quote

I Left My Heart In Cincinnati
Written by Dale McRaven

Last edited by Scott on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my favorite episodes of the series. If you want to read more about the filming of this episode, Dave, Brian and Suzanne talked a bit about it in their interviews on the site (People and Places section).

I've had so much stuff that I wanted to complete for this episode before we got here, including an interactive map that combined a map of the park with screen grabs of the episode. By rolling your mouse over a section, you'd see where they filmed. Unfortunately, apathy, procrastination and laziness stopped me. Laughing In any rate, here's a map of the park, circa 1972. See if you can find the areas where they filmed. :D

CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Many good memories- watching Shirley on the scale (with the clown band playing Ain't She Sweet while she was walking to the location); watching David (who wore a grimace while being lifted into his spot so as to not ruin the camera position) on the Monster & yelling "have fun" from the second row of the line as the ride started; & almost being sung to in front of the Eiffel Tower at the end of the day. Then passing out on my feet after David said "thank you" after I complemented him on the great job he did! (I must have passed out because I didn't even feel Shirley nudge me aside so she could get to HER trailer!) Together We're Better!
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never been to Kings Island but I went to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio back on June 25, 1978 when I was 13 years old. I have never been there since.
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the episodes that is fun because it's different. Also shows the family traveling again, something we didn't see as much of in the later seasons. Always makes me smile.
They really made Keith look silly being sick all the time on the rides, although I would have been happy to ride in the Old Cars with him Very Happy

I am a bit scared of roller coasters so I felt for him on that. though.
This is one of the happiest episodes of the series though and a contrast to the earlier on location episode at Sea World which actually had a message.
TheBops
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew, I've also been to Cedar Point once, in August 1990, and haven't been back. I don't like coasters, so I can sympathize with Keith, although he was *really* bad... I am able to ride the merry-go-round, without any trouble!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Three All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: