[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

SEASON TWO! Episode #26: Dora, Dora, Dora
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh cool! then does that mean Susan Danny Chris and Suzanne sing back on the records and the show......hehehehe! joking!
BLUEBIRD
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, it IS Robyn singing on this episode? Is it also her singing on key in Keith's mind? Very interesting!

Lu
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I'm late this week.
Real life family and all.
But let's get into the second season here.
Fun episode....

The idea that the Air Force guys don't hear Dora because she is so pretty does reminde me of Beatlemania and how it was said that at the Beatles concerts the audience was so loud you couldn't hear them play. Of course, we all know that the Beatles had talent, but let's be honest they didn't have to play just stand there. I agree it's funny and I think points this out when Chris just throws up his drumsticks and smiles.
Anyone notice though that the last shot of the concert is Keith standing there grinning like this was all his solution too, even though it was Reuben who said to introduce her and Keith was shocked that Shirley was going through with it?
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that I've been MIA. I'm back now, as long as life stops getting in the way. :-)

I really enjoyed this episode because I remember being truly surprised by the twist at the end. I was so excited about the show being back with new episodes, and it answered the question (more or less) that I had had all summer about the new blond kid on the cover of Sound Magazine.

The fact that poor Dora escaped humiliation at the end thanks to all of the soldiers drowning out her dreadful voice was a hilarious twist! Even my siblings (who loved to ridicule my favorite show) had to admit it was pretty darn funny!

It's funny to think back now that Jack Burns was on this episode and then the very next night, he was introduced as a regular character on The Partridge Family spinoff, Getting Together. I don't know about you, but those are the sorts of things I was completely oblivious to back then.

Finally, it was great to see the family sing their new hit song on the season premiere. We didn't have to wait for weeks on end the way we did for I Think I Love You in season one. Smile
KathySTL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a late posting since we have moved past this episode, however, our Municpal Opera performed the Music Man this past week and of course, then my hubby and I had to get out our DVD of it with the lovely Shirley Jones and it struck me how the ending of this episode was reminiscent of the ending of Music Man in that at the very end the band comes out and while Harold Hill hasn't taught them a single note, they try to play and mix horribly, but the parents are so excited to see there kids in uniform and on the stage that they are happy and clap excitedly anyway.
I guess this could be called the "Dora Effect" Laughing
goodyj
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally getting caught up...

I know this is so late, but I did enjoy this episode. A great way tp start a new season and you can see how comfortable the family is together. The formula is set and while they are not on the road as much, it is still fun to see them go through each situation and explore that family dynamic as only they could do. Keith's obliviousness to Dora's talent (or lack thereof) is very charming and Shirley's failure to actually tell Jack Burns' character the truth about his daughter was delightful. "I Woke Up InLove This Morning" is a great song. Good episode of ageat show!

Jeff
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skizzy wrote:
My favorite scene, Shirley trying to explain the facts of life to Keith. Great episode, one of my favorites from the second season.

Mine too. David's expression is exquisite when it changes from puzzled to understanding when she starts explaining. It looks like he's trying really hard not to laugh.
AarHandy3
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: And for those of you keeping abreast of REAL PF minutae... Reply with quote

...it was the very episode which introduced the relyricized Main Title theme song which sustained the show for its next 3 seasons on ABC: "C'Mon Get Happy," written by Danny Janssen. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: