[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Hi, "new" member here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBops
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Hi, "new" member here Reply with quote

Hi, I've followed this board and website for a couple of years now but would like to become a little more active.

I was born in May of 1971. For some reason, ever since I was a teenager, I've felt an odd "connection" to the early 1970s. Perhaps it is because my earliest memories were probably from about 1974 or so, when I was maybe two or three. Early memories of course are not very realistic and the fact that they are recalled from the perspective of a child makes them seem better than they probably really were. I was blessed and fortunate to have (and still have) great parents, and a great set of grandparents while growing up. I had an excellent childhood. I'm sure that if I had lived in that time as an adult I would recall it very differently (Watergate, Vietnam, etc), but as a child, it was a magical time.

The music of this time period brings out strong emotions. Elton John, the Carpenters, Olivia Newton John, Jim Croce, Elvis... that era, while some call it simple or bubblegum music now, is lasting to me. When I discovered the Partridge Family about 5 years ago all of that fit right in. The music, while dated now, seems to fit right into that time period. Clothing style? Same thing. Also I may say that the storylines of the series, while often rather shallow and sometimes not very believable, are refreshing in that sex and violence are not common.

I look forward to making observations in the "DVD" section of the website. I have watched seasons 1 and 2 a couple of times and season 3 once. I am going to review season 3 this summer and will watch season 4 in the fall, trying to match up with the original air dates from 1973/1974. Thanks for having me.
kenbubblegumkid
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome TheBops....hope you enjoy the ride, music, DVDs and the great site and message board.

Ken
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
cassidyfan4ever
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
I have been a lurker to this board for many years now and I never had the courage to join in.Now I'm jumping in the bus for the first time.I live in Canada and my mother tongue is french so forgive me if my english is not the best. :-)

I have been a fan of David Cassidy & The Partridge Family since 1974.I was 15 years old when I first discovered the show.More than 36 years later,I still enjoy watching the show(I have all the dvds) and I still love listening The Partridge Family songs whenever I feel like.They always bring me back to happier time.The show and the songs had a great impact on me,no wonder I'm still a fan today.Anyway...I'm happy to be here.Have a great day everyone! Smile)
kiethlives
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Just think around here, loveing the PF isn't even a guilty pleasure. Its just a pleasure!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: