[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episde #32: Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Partridge

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Episde #32: Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Partridge Reply with quote

Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Partridge
Written by William S. Bickley

Last edited by Scott on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to me nitpicky, but the song they sing here is "Summer Days" from Sound Magazine" not "I'm on my way back Home"

Starting early today as I was home for lunch today.

Interesting about this episode is that this is one of the first times since the beginning of the show where the subject of Shirley being a widow comes up as significant.

Keith really tries but a blanket statement by a teacher is difficult to interpret and really was a bit misplaced. The fact that Keith was walking to school with Danny already showed some family caring and Keith always helps with the driving of the bus on tour.
My husband always mentions how good his big brother was to him and his younger sibling as far as taking them out and spending time with them so even at the end when Keith is taking the kids to the circus that's a good thing and he learned balance.
Of course, I know the point is to have humor so Keith's efforts were fun and the touch of him having a tie on when Danny comes to talk to him is amusing.
Anybody notice that the picture Danny pulls down of Keith in the garage is the one used on te Book Cover that was inserted in Up to Date?

Happy Weekend!
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KathySTL wrote:
Hate to me nitpicky, but the song they sing here is "Summer Days" from Sound Magazine" not "I'm on my way back Home"

Nitpicker! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I was looking at the next episode by mistake. :oops:

I like this episode. I thought the kid were a bit cruel as Shirley & Keith walked in from shopping, but I suppose if they weren't, the ending, when Keith's feelings are crushed wouldn't have been so powerful. You really felt for him.

I enjoy picking out areas on the Ranch where they filmed. If you are facing it, the school building (A) (also known as the Civic Building) is to the left of the "Hazel" facade (B), which in turn is next door to the "Bewitched" facade (C) and around the corner from the PF's house (D). It's no longer there. As Keith and Danny are giving each other jabs as they walk to school, (prior to the coach talking to Keith), you can the the PF's neighbor's house (E) in the b/g. It shows just how close all these areas were, even though they don't appear to be in the same vicinity.

BLUEBIRD
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE THE RANCH STUFF!!!
KathySTL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:

Nitpicker! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Was trained by too many Trekkers Very Happy

"Summer Days" really fits this episode as presented. It's a fitting closure when Keith sings to each of his family members. It's especially sweet when he kneels in front of Tracy.

One of my favorite episodes.
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my faves from Season two..... for the scene of Keith and Shirley walking in and over hearing what the kids are saying.... still chokes me up today.
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, funny and touching. One of my personal favorites from the second season. Very Happy And "Summer Days" is definitely one of the BEST songs from "Sound Magazine". Cool
kiethlives
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boy, it sure is more fun watching the PF then doing the things I should be doing....
Love this episode. Everyone gets something to do. And I do like that the issue of Shirley being a widow and Keith being the oldest is addressed.

Also, funny is the revelation that although Keith comes on rather innocent, he really isn't.
Danny: Why do people go through so much trouble when they don't even want to have babies?
Keith: It's hard to explain Danny, you just have to be there.

Doesn't sound to me like Keith is guessing...
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiethlives wrote:
... Also, funny is the revelation that although Keith comes on rather innocent, he really isn't.

... Doesn't sound to me like Keith is guessing...

:twisted: Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy the Summer Days performance, too. I guess we weren't the only ones, since they used the same one again in another episode. I also like David's version of it on "Dreams Are Nuthin' More Than Wishes...". It's my favorite DC album.

The bit with Freddy being grilled by Keith was pretty funny.

Shirley: The Bolshoi Ballet?
Keith: I wanted to surprise them.
Shirley: It certainly would've been a surprise! Laughing

Interesting how they used some incidental music from Bewitched! Did they think we wouldn't have noticed? Wink (Side note: Danny is in one of my favorite Bewitched episodes, with Carol Wayne as the bunny rabbit brought to life by Uncle Arthur as a Playboy Bunny. People say you don't choose to be straight, but if you could...that was the moment for me!) Laughing Laughing Laughing

Chris' line about learning Beethoven's Fifth on the drums made me laugh! It's nice to see him get a few lines in this episode. He quickly became my favorite Partridge for quite a while. He looked a little like me when I was that age, and he's the only one who looked like he might actually be playing his instrument. Just to seal the deal, I had a sweater just like the one he's wearing on the front of Christmas Card. I sure wore that sweater out! (Good thing in retrospect that I didn't have a maroon velour pant suit.)
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVGord wrote:
I enjoy the Summer Days performance, too. I guess we weren't the only ones, since they used the same one again in another episode. I also like David's version of it on "Dreams Are Nuthin' More Than Wishes...". It's my favorite DC album.

The bit with Freddy being grilled by Keith was pretty funny.

Shirley: The Bolshoi Ballet?
Keith: I wanted to surprise them.
Shirley: It certainly would've been a surprise! Laughing

Interesting how they used some incidental music from Bewitched! Did they think we wouldn't have noticed? Wink (Side note: Danny is in one of my favorite Bewitched episodes, with Carol Wayne as the bunny rabbit brought to life by Uncle Arthur as a Playboy Bunny. People say you don't choose to be straight, but if you could...that was the moment for me!) Laughing Laughing Laughing

Chris' line about learning Beethoven's Fifth on the drums made me laugh! It's nice to see him get a few lines in this episode. He quickly became my favorite Partridge for quite a while. He looked a little like me when I was that age, and he's the only one who looked like he might actually be playing his instrument. Just to seal the deal, I had a sweater just like the one he's wearing on the front of Christmas Card. I sure wore that sweater out! (Good thing in retrospect that I didn't have a maroon velour pant suit.)
San Pueblo was a big enough city to Bring in the Bolshoi Ballet?? Or was Keith planning a Field Trip to LA? (Even in Bye Bye Birdie, the ballet company was shown from Columbus OH--they didn't bring them to Sweetwater!)
Also, I DID have the Maroon Crushed Velvet Pants & a matching Vest!
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I'm a bit late to this discussion. I've only seen about 20 PF episodes and this one is my favorite so far.

I loved the scene with Danny and the facts of life and how it ended with Keith painfully uttering "You have to be there." LOL!!!!! Yes, it did strike me as odd that Keith seemed to have the answer to that question.

Also, that scene where Chris and Tracy come to him for career advice is priceless. I thought that scene came off brilliantly. Very funny. My kids actually told me they wanted to be black in the grocery store when they were about 6. That was when Michael Jordan was all the rage. I would bet it's pretty common actually.
singmedavid
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to say I really enjoyed that scene with Keith grilling Freddy too. Freddy was great!!!!

And yes, Summer Days is so great at the end, the way Keith goes around to each member.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: