[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

DC concert from 2002

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: DC concert from 2002 Reply with quote

I have just watched a DVD, of DC concert in Glasgow Scotland, which I really enjoyed watching. He did some of the old songs from the PF series and other old songs. Some newer songs were sung and, I think I will now start buying more of DC's cds and also more of his concerts on DVD as well.

Laura
Sandra
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you find a David Cassidy concert on DVD???

Sandra Smile
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: DC concert - 2002 Reply with quote

I have just read your notice Sandra and, you asked where I bought it from. The answer to your question is, I bought the DVD in a shop called Video 500 which is in a town called De Panne in Belguim. I'm sure you can find a copy in this country as the concert took place in Glasgow Scotland. If you cannot find a copy in the shops, I'm sure you can find it on ebay or maybe even order a copy after all it was only three years ago. I wanted to get the concert DVD from this but, could only find the 2002. Good luck in finding a copy Sandra, I'm sure you'll be able to find a copy.

Laura
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Where to Pick Up Concert DVD Reply with quote

Sandra. Most music stores carry the 2002 and the most recent 2004 concert DVD's. If not, try Tower Records. If you don't have a Tower Records where you live, you can pick them up from amazon.com
They are both worth having. That being said....I would love to know if any of his '70's concerts exist on tape. Like Madison Square Garden or his '74 concert tour. It would be GREAT to see these shows now.
Sandra
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to Pick Up Concert DVD Reply with quote

Skizzy Fleameyer wrote:
Sandra. Most music stores carry the 2002 and the most recent 2004 concert DVD's. If not, try Tower Records. If you don't have a Tower Records where you live, you can pick them up from amazon.com
They are both worth having. That being said....I would love to know if any of his '70's concerts exist on tape. Like Madison Square Garden or his '74 concert tour. It would be GREAT to see these shows now.

It would be neat to see a concert now because back then I was from this wee little ole town and we could only "see" concert photos in Tiger Beat and 16. :)

Oh! Were you really Tracy's babysitter???
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Watching the Kids..... Reply with quote

I would have loved to actually been "Tracy's Babysitter" but, alas, I was but a wee lad at the time. No, those actually go with the avatars. I believe it is a tracking of the amount of 'replys' you send in. I think they change every 50 entries. Smile
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: DC Farewell Concert Reply with quote

Can somebody tell me, if David did his farewell concert in '74 or '75. I,m sure that when, the rock and roll year of 1975 was shown, it featured David Cassidy performing his farewell concert, at the stadium where that girl died and, that was 1975. Is this correct, I mention this because in the film about his life, he did his farewell concert in 1974 but I still, think that it may well have been 1975.

Laura
CHEZ
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember except I saw him in May at White City! The album says 1974 so I guess it could have been 74!(?)

Chez Smile
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: The Farewell Tour Reply with quote

The 'Farewell' Tour was around May of 1974. Which included the stop at White City Stadium. So....let me get this straight. You have seen footage of this tour? Was it a snippet of was it like a good half hour or something? But what you are saying is that ther is footage that exists from that time period. What about the Royal Albert concert...isn't there footage from that show? I would love to see the '74 Tour on DVD is such a thing could happen. Think
lauralambert
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Farewell Concert Reply with quote

It was just a snippet of the concert, in a programme which was on for about an hour. They would basically show different singers from each year and, play songs from that year and they just happened to show David Cassidy in concert at White City and I just wondered if in fact this was when his farewell concert happened.

I totally agree with you, it would be really great see his '74 tour released on DVD. It would be really nice to see all his concerts from the seventies released onto DVD, because I'm sure that every DC fan would love to relive those days.

Laura
CHEZ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there was a video and also live double album from The Royal Albert Hall! (Not sure if it officially came out on CD?)

Back in the 70s there was a documentary on him - I can't remember if it was by the BBC or ITV - sadly it was in the days when most of us didn't have videos... (let alone DVD recorders) I seem to remember that most of the footage was lost -
I can't remember much about it but it included clips from some of his shows and also of his escape in the back of a van where he was wrapped in a blanket.

It's really sad to think he went straight from a stage of adjourning fans to some sleazy old scuzzbuckety old hotel - no where would have him to stay after he stayed at The Dorchester - the next time he ended up having to stay on a yacht which was moored on the Thames - though some fans still jumped in to try and get to it... It must be awful being famous and not being able to go anywhere. Though saying that a friend's sister did see him walking down Oxford Street with a couple of minders. So he did get out and about sometimes back then!

Chez Smile
Skizzy Fleameyer
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: High Price to Pay Reply with quote

Well David certainly paid a high price for the level of success he achived in the '70's. I find it totally amazing that he has endured all these years through the ups and downs of show business. That is a true testament of the man named DAVID CASSIDY.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: