[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Partridge Family refrences in "The Lovely Bones"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laurie partridge
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Partridge Family refrences in "The Lovely Bones" Reply with quote

I finally got the chance to watch "The Lovely Bones" last night after waiting for what felt like forever (big fan of the book) And did anyone else see the Partridge Family clip playing in the Salmon house? Sadly it's the scene just before Susie is murdered, I think it was from season one? I forgot the name of the episode...

I loved how Susie's room was plastered with David Cassidy posters, and I'm sure there was another scene in a record shop where someone picked up a copy of "Cherish"? Good movie but I still prefer the book Smile
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the clip was from a later season, as I recall Brian having to give clearance. But maybe they switched scenes? I haven't sen the film.

Here's a bit from an interview Peter Jackson gave regarding the PF:

Quote:
How much of your own impression of the afterlife went into this adaptation?

Jackson: Well it's not really my impression of the afterlife; it's Susie's. Because the lead character, Susie Salmon, she's a 14-year-old girl in 1973, ... when she dies. So we have a very '70s-feeling afterlife, which is sort of done on purpose. .... For our research in the afterlife, we actually looked at episodes of The Partridge Family. Which is not where you normally go for the afterlife. Although maybe some people do, I don't know. ...

Here's another blurb I found, where someone actually dissected the scene for factual errors:

Quote:
Factual error: At the time of Susie's murder her mother's making dinner and the other kids are watching 'The Partridge Family' on TV. We are assuming this is around 6 PM. We already know the date is December 6, 1973. 'The Partridge Family' actually aired at 8:30 PM EST. It also aired on Fridays - December 6, 1973 was on a Thursday. And when it cut to an exterior shot of the murder scene it was still light out. It would certainly have been pitch black by 5 PM in early December.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing, for a while in Canada, The Partridge Family aired at 6pm around that time, although it aired on Mondays. I remember the first episode was on Monday, September 21, 1970 at 8pm, but at some point in the season, it started airing at 6pm on Mondays, because it was great to watch it during supper (and mom loved that we actually stayed at the table for a full half-hour!). Mary Tyler Moore also aired at 6pm, although I can't remember which day.

I've got friends who want me to go to see that movie, but I think it's a little too dark for me.
laurie partridge
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Scott Smile intresting that Peter Jackson should look to the Partridge Family for inspiration on the afterlife, I can't wait to go to that great San Pueblo in the sky Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: