[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Hello! Any Australians here?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bcoxena
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Hello! Any Australians here? Reply with quote

Hi I'm new! And new to the Partridge Family as well really.
I live in Australia. We have had season one on dvd released earlier this year and I finished watching my set last month (I had it on layby with wonder women for a few months until I paid it off). I had never seen an episode of The Partridge Family before. A bit of a gamble buying the dvd set, lol, but I have been downloading partridge family songs for quite a few years and I am a huge fan of the Brady Bunch, so I knew I'd like the Partridge Family tv show. And I did!! Very funny actually and some great songs I hadn't heard before. I can't wait to see more!! I don't believe that the Partridge Family has ever screened on Australian television again since it's original airing in the 70's. Is that true, any Australian members have any history on PF in Australia? I don't know about foxtel screening it but I don't believe they do. I was born in 85 so I wasn't around in the 70s. ha.

And just some Partridge Family Season Two DVD news for us aussies, the second season has already been submitted to the Classification website http://www.oflc.gov.au/ submitted this month. No release date but I would predict March/April no later than mid-year release. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of the partridge family.

Seeya later
From Brad
laurie partridge
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there brad! And welcome to the board, I'm not Australian myself but there is a strong Aussie following on the board, so you are not alone! Smile

Great news about the DVD over there, hopefully the British Film classifiers will follow suit. There is some hope! Very Happy

peace out,
Laurie
bcoxena
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laurie partridge wrote:
Hi there brad! And welcome to the board, I'm not Australian myself but there is a strong Aussie following on the board, so you are not alone! Smile

Great news about the DVD over there, hopefully the British Film classifiers will follow suit. There is some hope! Very Happy

peace out,
Laurie

thankyou!

Has the Uk had season one already? Why was there such a long wait between the release of season one and two in America?

Brad.
laurie partridge
Reuben's Client
Reuben's Client

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, season one came out on June 27th. We are still waiting for season two. I think the Americans had a four month gap between their releases, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong Smile
bcoxena
Bus Mechanic
Bus Mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh boy I haven't posted much here since that first post in 2005. Just wanted to share how much I'm loving watching the Partridge Family! I'm back into it after a few years since season 1 and 2 were released onto dvd in Australia. Thing is seasons 3 and 4 have never been released here. So the other week I finally ordered those 2 seasons from America and they arrived last weekend! The reason for finally getting around to buying these sets was because The Partridge Family is back on free to air TV here on the new station called GO! Screens weekdays at 11.30am so finally I was waiting to see season 3 for the first time!! I happened to be away on holiday in the UK when the season 3 episodes started screening so I missed the first half of that season on the tv. Caught the second half setting my dvd recorder daily.. but then for some reason the tv station didn't show season 4. Skipped it and went straight back to the beginning of season 1 after season 3.. so I got straight onto Amazon.com and brought both season 3 & 4!!! Finished the episodes from season 3 I missed. And have only got 1 more disc of season 4 to watch. Really nice dvd sets, cover art etc. I managed to change my dvd player to multi-region to be able to watch the American dvd format.

This show is so funny. I love it! So happy to finally see these last 2 seasons for the first time. The music is so good too! I still have a CD in my car full of partridge/cassidy songs that I listen to just about every day on the way home from work... I think I almost know every song word for word. Is that sad? I received a David Cassidy record for christmas. My mother managed to find it at a car boot market.

oh what is with Ricky in season 4, my god... WHY.. lol

And I have a crush on Susan Dey, i'm sure everyone does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: