[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episode #49: Who Is Max Ledbetter And Why Is He Saying . . .

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Episode #49: Who Is Max Ledbetter And Why Is He Saying . . . Reply with quote

Who Is Max Ledbetter And Why Is He Saying All Those Terrible Things?
Written by Bernie Kahn

Last edited by Scott on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracy's birthday party scene was very cute.

It's nice that the Family is always willing to help out when they can.

Still this episode seems to be the weakest of the series. Kind of a sad way to end the second season.
I must admit I never remembered it til the DVD's came out.
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that only the Youngest & oldest Partridges were allowed to celebrate birthdays on the show-- Shirley actually had 2 b-day parties!
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that's interesting about this is that it aired so soon after Suzanne Crough's real birthday. I wonder if that cake was really for her birthday! (Ha, funny that she says she got her wish; she wished for a cake. She really DID ride the short Partridge Family bus, didn't she!?) Laughing

Sad to think that this was John Banner's final television appearance. He was really the only character from Hogan's Heroes that I enjoyed. I wasn't a fan of that show, but my sibs made me watch it, so I came to enjoy Schultz! "I know nussing! I see nusSING!!!"

There they go using that Bewitched incidental music again! (Maybe The Partridge Family could have gone a few extra seasons if they made Shirley a witch!)

Kathy, I agree this is a weak episode, but it's one I haven't watched in years, so I'm enjoying it for nostalgia's sake. They sure never put any effort into making season finales something special back then.

One highlight of the episode, though, is "You Don't Have To Tell Me"! It's one of my favorite Partridge Family songs, and as John Bahler says (from the episode guide), the vocal arrangement is incredible! And although I haven't always been much of a David fan, this song really shows that he knows how to belt one out without screaming (the way those Idol screechers do these days)!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: