[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Message from a newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Britfan
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Message from a newbie Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

As you can tell by my user name I am a fan from across the pond in South West England.

I registered specifically to leave a message for Scott. I have been reading your wonderful Partridge Family site and forum for around six months. It is very informative and is obviously a labour of love that you should be very proud of. Thanks to you, after reading your reviews of the PF albums, I have bought each and every one! I am about to purchase some of the DVD's for Christmas. I watched this as a child and it brings back happy memories.

I am sorry that I am rambling all this on a newbie thread but the threads about DC are locked (probably a good idea) so I thought I might as well say it here.

Scott, I urge you to keep this site active for the sake of the many people who post here. I doubt that it would make any difference to a certain person (DC) if you closed the Bulletin Board BUT I'm sure the many posters here would be very sad and disapapointed to lose this place. I admire his body of work but I am very aware that the man is flawed and would test the patience of a saint. I have read the threads (who hasn't?) and can sympathise with all sides. I do not wish to say any more about that subject.

Those of us who approach middle age and have kids who are nearly all grown up start to reminisce and have nostalgic thoughts of childhood memories. I bet I'm not the first person who starts looking up old favourite programs on the internet so many more will find their way to this site I'm sure.

Don't forget the rest of the cast and the many who contribute here. It is not worth giving up something you love just because of the thoughtless actions of one individual. I think you have the mettle to keep going regardless. Someone has to set a good example.

Once again, thanks for a truly wonderful tribute to a well loved show.

Kind regards,
Britfan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: