[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episode #46: Promise Her Anything But Give Her A Punch

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Episode #46: Promise Her Anything But Give Her A Punch Reply with quote

Promise Her Anything But Give Her A Punch
Written by Dale McRaven

Last edited by Scott on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry we posted at the same time, Scott,

unusual for me to be up at this time.

hope you can fix the thread.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I can't unless I delete yours all together.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like that groovy shirt Danny's wearing in the first scene. Two things I noticed right away: Tracy seems to have grown quite a bit since the last episode; and Danny is starting to show signs of gaining weight (it might have been all of those girl guide cookies!). I wonder if there was a lengthy break in shooting from the last episode and this one. It was probably done right after the holiday season.

For years and years, I thought this was Jodie Foster, until I saw the episode in the 90s and realized I was wrong. Patti's a cutie. I love her voice!

Incidentally, to Jennifer, it was wonderful to read Patti's letter to you in People and Places. It's nice to read that she has fond memories of her time on The Partridge Family (and her comment about Danny behaving himself when she was around...that was pretty amusing)! Thanks for that! http://www.cmongethappy.com/people/patti.htm

It's fun to hear "I Would Have Loved You Anyway" again! These days, I'm too used to hearing the Beastie Boys song that samples it, so it's nice to get back to the pure version.

KathySTL wrote:
Synopsis: Danny is interested in Gloria Hickey who is also in his 6th grade class, but Gloria has a crush on Keith.

Cute episode. Boy, has Danny changed. These days a punch in the arm is not what he wants from a girl now.

Smile

Definitely an episode about a more innocent time. These days sixth grade is probably already thinking sex.
Nice touch near the end when the family performs for the class and even though Keith turns on the performing charm the young girls flock to Danny at the end.

Sadly, Kathy, you're right about the innocent times...POOF! They're gone! And yes, that was a funny part at the end, when the girls all flocked around Danny! I wonder if he kept the hat as his first "trophy" from a groupie! Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: