[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episode #39: Where Do Mermaids Go?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Episode #39: Where Do Mermaids Go? Reply with quote

Where Do Mermaids Go?
Written by Peggy Chandler Dick

Last edited by Scott on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we're skipping Episode # 38 (the Xmas episode) this week and will re-visit it at Xmastime, as we did last year? Very Happy
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved this episode! I loved It's Time I Knew You Better & wished it had been a longer song. Laurie & Shirley's reaction to the High End Models-- a real satire of the modeling at the time.
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that the episodes never follow a formula muscially. While we have at least one song per episode sometimes they are at the opening sometimes in the middle sometimes at the end based on the needs of the story.
In this one, to establish that we are starting on the road we open with Love is all that i ever needed.
and then at the end "it;s time I knew you better is played to follow the story of going back to work with Jenny in the audience .

This is a sweet episode. Talks about why the PF doesn't do conspicous consumption. Of course, you sure can tell how inflation has affected us since the day, because One Million just wouldn't have the same effect it does now either with the salesfolks although I wouldn't turn it down Very Happy
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing Herb Rudley as the banker reminds me that one of my favorite sitcoms of the 60s, The Mothers In Law, is supposed to come out on DVD next spring or summer. I can't wait to see it again! (I wonder if he was cast as the banker here because of his resemblance to Milburn Drysdale from the Beverly Hillbillies.)

I loved Meredith Baxter in Bridget Loves Bernie and Family, but I wasn't a big fan of Family Ties. It's great to see her again on this episode.

The only thing that niggles away at me about this episode is that the Partridges are just too good. Come on, I think we could make it work, suddenly having a million dollars dropped in our laps. However, no one ever looked for realism from The Partridge Family. These episodes are almost like fables.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: