[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

I noticed a stand-in for the red-headed hamburger...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danny Kincaid
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: I noticed a stand-in for the red-headed hamburger... Reply with quote

So I'm watching my Season two DVDs once again. And I'm up to Episode 30 Anatomy of a Tonsil. Great episode. I'm at the episode-closing song "Love Is All That I ever needed", when I notice a stand-in for Danny! As the camera pans-back you can clearly notice from the side that It's not our Danny but an impostor faking his way through the song.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I see it's not mentioned in the episode guide either.

Just wondering.
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct....it was discussed in an earlier thread way back but I can't remember when! I had to go back and watch the episode because i never noticed it!

Partridgepal Smile
Danny Kincaid
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah-hah.

I wonder if there any other instances in which this occurred.
I was just surprised that there was no mention of this fact in the episode guide here nor is it mentioned in The Partridge Family Book (by Joey Green).

The irony is that this was in an episode that had a subplot relating to replacing Danny and lo and behold there's actually one on the stage at the end of the episode.
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought that was pretty coincidental....I also wondered if it was a last minute story change....maybe they were gonna perform using Punky in his place, filmed that scene and then changed the storyline and kept the music scene as it was figuring no one would notice....or perhaps Danny wasn't available during that scene and they figured no one would catch on....curious indeed!

Partridgepal :)

Wonder if Scott would know???
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny Kincaid wrote:
Ah-hah.

I wonder if there any other instances in which this occurred.
I was just surprised that there was no mention of this fact in the episode guide here nor is it mentioned in The Partridge Family Book (by Joey Green).

The irony is that this was in an episode that had a subplot relating to replacing Danny and lo and behold there's actually one on the stage at the end of the episode.
That book left out a lot & put in stuff that was so trivial that no one would care.
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also been mentioned in the "Nitpicking PF Episodes" thread that Darryl started many moons ago. :D

There isn't a bloopers section to the episode guide, so that's why it's not there.
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't updated in ages.
Gotta get on that. Wink

Darryl
Danny Kincaid
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trivial you say? Look what we're doing here and what we're talking about. Trivial? Surely you jest.

No, but seriously a 330-page book on our favorite television-family is bound to have at least...a few trivial items (for what it is). It's actually a pretty nice book considering. Heck, I wish it was even-bigger. It's got lots of photos (albeit all black and white) and I personally love the episode breakdowns. The lone-singles page in the book leaves a lot to be desired. And the album reviews try to be funny (or at least humorously ambitious) but end up not really succeeding and not being worth all that-much.

And in the episode it even looks like Punky from the side, that's who I thought it was actually. It could have been filmed before a story-change. I never thought they made huge changes to scripts for sitcoms while they were filming but who knows.
GeoffB40
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now that the real Danny has been frequenting this board maybe he can reply to this thread and give us a definitive answer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: