[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

"Top Chef: Las Vegas"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BonnieNY
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: "Top Chef: Las Vegas" Reply with quote

"Top Chef: Las Vegas" begins this week on Bravo. The first episode will air at 9:00 PM ET, before the finale of "Top Chef Masters." Next week, "Top Chef: Las Vegas" moves back to its regular time slot (10:00 PM ET).
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Las Vegas has become such a foodie city in recent years so I think it is a perfect place to have Iop Chef.

I kind have gotten use to everybody on Top Chef Masters being so nice to each other that I may find the sometimes mean competiveness of the regular show a little jarring at first. Smile

There are so many shows that I want to watch debuting this week - Top Chef, Flipping Out, Project Runway and last night;s Mad Men. Thank goodness they are all on channels that repeat their shows cuz I just can't stay awake most of the time. Laughing
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to Top Chef. Adore Mad Men. But I am annoyed that Project Runway is on Lifetime...I vowed never to watch that channel, which is home to all of those insipid 'women in distress' made-for-TV movies that irritate the living daylights out of me. I fear that they'll take the edge off of Runway in a bid to make it more wholesome.

I have a little crush on Hubert from Top Chef Masters. Laughing
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJ wrote:

I so get that PJ!! However I would give anything to eat at Rick Bayless' Frontera Grill restaurant in Chicago. I love Mexican food and from what I've heard there is no better restaurant in the country to get it at.

I also totally agree with you about those Lifetime movies!! Confused Confused
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie63 wrote:
PJ wrote:

I so get that PJ!! However I would give anything to eat at Rick Bayless' Frontera Grill restaurant in Chicago. I love Mexican food and from what I've heard there is no better restaurant in the country to get it at.

I also totally agree with you about those Lifetime movies!! Confused Confused

I'm also crushing a bit on Hubert Keller! Embarassed

My brother lives in Chicago. My parents and I went there (by car) for his birthday in May. I thought about asking if we could go to one of Bayless' restaurants, but spicy food bothers my stomach (and my parents really aren't into Mexican food). Confused
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. Oh, and I generally dislike Lifetime, but at least "Project Runway" didn't move to TLC. I love me some "What Not to Wear," but any Network that broadcasts "Toddlers and Tiaras" is trash in my book.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have a favorite yet? I know who I don't like. I think his name is Mike (not sure), but he's the resident Male Chauvinist Pig. Can't stand him! Mad

That Jennifer girl is bossy, but she does seem to know what she's doing.

Oh, and I have to say it. The two brothers are HOT. Embarassed
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jennifer acts like she has to given what she does for a living -- run a kitchen full of chefs, most of them male, and most of whom probably have a healthy dose of ego. If she acted sweet and nice they'd eat her alive and wouldn't take her seriously for two seconds.

She did an amazing job running the kitchen in that challenge. And I have to say that it was nice to see a group of contestants who acted like professionals when one of their peers was in charge. They let her do her job, which is more than can be said for some of the jackasses in previous seasons.

I like Jennifer and the brothers. Unless something goes really wacky I think they'll be the final three. But I forget which brother is which. Wink
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything you both said. I knew Mike was going to be the contestant to hate this season (doesn't every season have one?) when he said in the first episode in the quick fire challenge (relay race) "Jennifer has the same amount of clams as I do. I'm doing somethig wrong. A girl shouldn't be at the same level as me."

It's so nice to see everyone cooperating especially after seeing the Top Chef Masters chefs behaving so well.

I agree about Jennifer and the brothers being in the top three but I also think Kevin has a chance of being in that group.

I'm disappointed that the three elimninated so far have all been women. I have a feeling that Jennifer might be the lone woman standing rather soon.

Well I'm off to heat up frozen food in the microwave for dinner. Bet I'm better at that than those fancy shmancy top chef conrteatants. Laughing Wink Laughing
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and another thing. Do you think that Tom Colicchio really drinks Diet Coke? Somehow I just don't see it!!! Smile Smile
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie,

Ha! I've never thought about it, actually. Very Happy
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJ, it seems you called it early re: the brothers and Jen. They are certainly the strongest contestants. One of the brothers said (last night) that Mike is good, but he really hasn't proven himself to be better than hit-or-miss.

It was good to see Ashley and Laurine in the top 4. I was starting to think that this was the worst group of female chefs (excluding Jen) that we'd ever seen on Top Chef!

Mattin was lousy on the show, but he apparently is the chef-owner of a highly-rated restaurant (in San Francisco, I think). I guess being good in the real world doesn't always translate to being good in the reality world.
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to Chicago soon for a biz trip and attempted to get a reservation at Frontera or Topolobampo. Hah hah hah hah. Winning Top Chef Masters has filled the reservation book to the brim. Disappointed! Maybe I can wander in and see what happens.

Mattin...liked him, am sure that he has a wonderful restaurant, but he couldn't do the top chef thing. But I agree that that doesn't make him a bad chef by any means.

Surely Robin will go home soon. She can't skate by forever. And I agree that this is a pretty sorry bunch of female chefs!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: