[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Episde #36: I Can Get It For You Retail

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Episde #36: I Can Get It For You Retail Reply with quote

I Can Get It For You Retail
Written by Bernard Slade

Last edited by Scott on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree wholeheartedly with the author of the episode guide. This is one of the best episodes of the series and David is very funny! "It all started when I lost my pickle!" Ha ha!

The image of Danny in a back alley wearing a trenchcoat is very funny to watch today, considering the hilarious hijinks he's gotten himself into as an adult! Laughing

It may seem ludicrous that Danny and Chris would steal the buttons off of Keith's shirt, but never underestimate the logic of a child. I remember when I was about Danny's age, I "apartment sat" for my sister's boyfriend (now my brother-in-law). I was completely convinced that he would never miss all of those centerfolds I removed from his stack of Playboys and Penthouses (I suppose I should say Playpens here on the Bulletin Board)! ;-)

I loved the family performing "Every Little Bit O' You" on the roof of the bus! That song grew to be one of my favorites. It has a nice country tinge to it.

I can't get over those long shirt/sweaters Keith wears (like the one at the end, when Shirley's opening her presents). Even more, I can't believe I used to wear them, too. Shocked

I love The Partridge Family and I will defend to the death, but there's one thing I will never argue about with anyone. It's undisputable. They sure knew how to buy crappy birthday presents for their mother!
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. The bracelet Keith bought was very nice and of course, the fact that he sold his own hair to pay for it was definitely ironic.

And of course, as was observed on the Ruby and the Rockits thread the theme of this episode has bee brought back when Jordan and Ben sold tours of the Gallagher house and souvenirs.

Gee, what would Danny Partridge have gotten away with today with Ebay. Very Happy
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touch
kiethlives
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A true fave of mine too. What other sitcom could have done this theme (Ruby 40 years later excepted)? The concept that a boy would steel his brother's hair is really funny, and actually believable given Cassidy fans the world over would have jumped at the chance for a strand, with or without a locket! Did DC not mention in his book that the idea was tossed around that 'they' sell his hair? Maybe that's where the writers got the idea.
True to character, no one believes Keith when he complains about his losses. The family simply puts it down to 'Keith being Keith'. Poor defenseless airhead.
Danny Partridge with EBAY at his finger tips, what a concept! Imagine what he would do with a Blog today! The 'rose tatoo' would be nothing. Shirley having a thing for trench coats, just the beginning! Diabolical child.
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a vial of dirt that I bought from some street vendor in Times Square that came with a certificate stating that it came from David Letterman's home in Connecticut. I had to buy it, just for the absurdity of it! Years later, when word came out that Dave had a stalker, I had to wonder whether that's who "harvested" my li'l vial of dirt.

Completely incidental: David Letterman's birthday is April 12th. (Sound familiar?) Wink
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVGord wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly with the author of the episode guide. This is one of the best episodes of the series and David is very funny! "It all started when I lost my pickle!" Ha ha!

The image of Danny in a back alley wearing a trenchcoat is very funny to watch today, considering the hilarious hijinks he's gotten himself into as an adult! Laughing

It may seem ludicrous that Danny and Chris would steal the buttons off of Keith's shirt, but never underestimate the logic of a child. I remember when I was about Danny's age, I "apartment sat" for my sister's boyfriend (now my brother-in-law). I was completely convinced that he would never miss all of those centerfolds I removed from his stack of Playboys and Penthouses (I suppose I should say Playpens here on the Bulletin Board)! ;-)

I loved the family performing "Every Little Bit O' You" on the roof of the bus! That song grew to be one of my favorites. It has a nice country tinge to it.

I can't get over those long shirt/sweaters Keith wears (like the one at the end, when Shirley's opening her presents). Even more, I can't believe I used to wear them, too. Shocked

I love The Partridge Family and I will defend to the death, but there's one thing I will never argue about with anyone. It's undisputable. They sure knew how to buy crappy birthday presents for their mother!
I didn't realize Chris was strong enough to get his drum kit to the top of the bus! Maybe Tracy helped?
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Season Two All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: