[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

"Project Runway" returns!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BonnieNY
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: "Project Runway" returns! Reply with quote

After a fairly long court battle, Lifetime has obtained the rights to this show. It is moving to Los Angeles (bummer), and the new season begins this Thursday. At 8:00 PM ET, there's an all-star challenge (with fan favorites and other standout contestants from the past). At 10:00 PM ET, the new season begins. Heidi Klum, Tim Gunn, Michael Kors, and Nina Garcia return.
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah on the show moving to the odious Lifetime channel. Crying or Very sad
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a CA girl and love LA but Project Runway should never be anywhere other than New York City!! That's like having a Texas chili cook-off in Maine!! Laughing
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Top Chef should move around (no one city owns great food), but Runway should be in NYC. Odd choice indeed.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Marjorie and PJ! I mean, this (i.e., NYC) is where Fashion Week takes place, for crying out loud! Wink

I will miss the trips to Mood with Tim and the contestants (as well as all the challenges involving NYC landmarks).
eyesoflove
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAAAH! It's really happening - my favorite show ever is coming back!!!

I agree with everyone that it should stay in NYC - I'll miss the trips to Mood too - and I hate that it's not on BRAVO, but I'm sooooo glad it's coming back.

So, what happens from 8 to 10? I missed that part. I'm guessing the actual first episode is at 10:00, right?

Wow - 3 hours of PR - what a great Birthday week I'm having.
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going by the previews, I'd say that moving the show to L.A. gave them the opportunity to work "stars" into the mix. And I suppose the designers on this show are more likely to make a living designing red carpet attire for Hollywood celebrities than building the next major NYC-based fashion house. But I still think it belongs in NYC. Laughing
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJ,

Yeah, I get that, but I also still think it belongs in NYC. Laughing I'm probably a tad biased, though. Wink

Eyesoflove,

Check out my first post in the thread. It tells what is airing from 8:00-10:00 PM ET. Smile
eyesoflove
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BonnieNY - Any closer it would have bit me. Thanks.

Since they just finished up this past season, I think they should do a back to back - because they OWE us an extra season. Making us wait that long, well that's just cruel.
PJ
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm...the All Stars Challenge. I'm still not believing my eyes. Was I drunk? I thought I was stone cold sober. Did they really pick that horrible collection of Daniel's as the winning collection? And Uli's was in the bottom group? Really? Silly me...I tend to like clothes that can actually be worn and that people will buy. What the heck.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJ, I know. I liked the collections of Uli and Korto best.

What about the first show of the regular season? I wasn't too impressed. The dress that won was my favorite (I didn't love it, but I liked it). Most of the other dresses were hideous, IMO, and some looked like they were from outer space. I hope we see some talent emerge in the coming weeks. We've waited a LONG time for this. Don't bring us crappola.
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad that you two had the same opinion as I did about Daniel's clothes. I have no fashion sense so I thought it was just me plus my almost non-existant vision doesn't help. I often hate the things the judges love. I liked Korto's collection the best.I'm totally with PJ on this - I like clothes that people would actually wear. I really don't get the clothes that are designed only for the runway. Those aren't clothes, that is art

I couldn't stay awake for the regular show but on "On Demand" they had ten minute clips about each contestant. Although two of them wouldn't play. I do have my favorites from those clips so it will be interesting to see if what they make on the show is as appealing to me as what they showed in the clips. Hopefully they will have each episode on "On Demand" too. but last night's is not up yet.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO glad that eepycray dude (Mitchell?) got booted. At least he admitted that he didn't contribute to his teammate's pieces AT ALL! Sheesh! Smile
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mitchell felt safe in saying he didn't do anything because he and Ra'Mon were one of the top pairs and so he didn't feel he was a contender to go home. I doubt he would have been so forthcoming if they had been one of the bottom pairs. Ra'Mon sure must have felt vindicated winning the challenge while his partner was sent home.

In addition to the episodes of PR, On Demand also has additional 3 minute clips of the judging of the winner and loser. They also have 3 minute exit interviews with the loser. This past week's isn't available yet but I just watched last week's interview with Malvin. He actually said "Clothes to me are my ideas put into form. I think they aren't meant to be worn exactly but they are meant to be taken as an expression." HUH?? Silly me, I thought clothes were meant to be worn.
BonnieNY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marjorie63 wrote:
This past week's isn't available yet but I just watched last week's interview with Malvin. He actually said "Clothes to me are my ideas put into form. I think they aren't meant to be worn exactly but they are meant to be taken as an expression." HUH?? Silly me, I thought clothes were meant to be worn.

LOL! What an oddball he is. Maybe he should take up sculpture instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Movie & TV Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: