[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Partridge Family/My Three Sons Reunion on You Tube

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown Eyes
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Partridge Family/My Three Sons Reunion on You Tube Reply with quote

Yes, believe it or not, The Partridge Family/My Three Sons Thanksgiving Reunion special that ran on ABC back in the late 70's (and hasn't been seen since then) is available for viewing on You Tube. Someone has posted the whole hour long show in six segments. The quality of the picture is poor, but you can still see the whole thing.

I missed watching this special when it first aired back in the late 70's and had always hoped it would be re-run at some point but it never was. This was before VCR's came into prominence, so fans were not able to tape it when it first was broadcast. It was never released on video or DVD, and after more than 30 years I had given up hope of ever seeing it. I even suggested that maybe it could be included on one of the Partridge Family DVD sets as an extra bonus, but someone here (I believe it was Scott) said at the time that the rights to the special were owned by Dick Clark's company and they wanted Sony to pay a lot of money to include it on the DVD, so Sony walked.

I've been checking You Tube periodically to see if someone would post it at some point, and finally someone did. I couldn't believe when I typed in "Partridge Family Reunion" in the search bar and hit enter, and the special finally popped up. I almost fell out of my chair! I just finished watching it, and it is really cheesy, but it's amazing to finally be able to see it after waiting all these years. Both Shirley and David sing (non Partridge songs) and even Susan Dey - who wasn't with the cast at the reunion, sends her regards in a taped message. What a treat. Hope you all get to check it out. It's definitely worth it for any die-hard Partridge fan.
Matthew C. Clark
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Susan Dey did a movie called "First Love" with William Katt ("known as "The Greatest American Hero").
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! I'm heading right over there to watch it! I vividly remember it, even though it only aired that once. I can't wait!

Thanks, Brown Eyes! You're beautiful! Smile
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! better watch it while you can guys, shows like these seem to disappear pretty fast sometimes..... wish I knew how to download or record videos like this from the net.
Brown Eyes
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't believe I actually got the scoop on this first! I usually have to find out news from everybody else. Feels good to finally be able to contribute something new that nobody else knew about yet. Glad to be able to help!
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coool!... you are the man Brown Eyes, and thank you for passing this on to the rest of us.
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched this tonight and yes, the quality isn't great but its watchable and cool to see if you haven't.

If you have Real Player Version 11.1, a free downloadable application you can save the you tube videos as an FLV file.
When real player is installed you will get a tab at the right hand top corner of the viewing screen that will allow you to download the video.This format is not supported by any DVD or Blu Ray player that I know of but you can at least archive it on a CD for your computer. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: