[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Wesley Eure as Keith???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Wesley Eure as Keith??? Reply with quote

http://www.istarwebsolutions.com/lalapoolooza/wesley_bio.pdf

Has anyone else ever heard that 70s/80s actor Wesley Eure (Days Of Our Lives, Land of The Lost) was actually cast to play Keith in a fifth season of The Partridge Family, but the show was cancelled? I always thought they knew early on that the fourth season would be the last (despite Danny's dramatic telling of showing up for work to learn "The Partridge Family doesn't live here anymore"). Surely the fact that a second album wasn't released in the fourth season was a sign.

Anyway, I did a search of the word "Eure" here on the board, and I didn't get any results, so I wonder if this has been discussed before.

The link above is Eure's official bio, where he makes the claim.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only heard this once before -- recently. Not from any "official" source connected with the show, though. (It may have been his MySpace page, which a friend forwarded to me.) Every time I've asked anyone associated with the show, they never gave much importance to the idea of replacing the Keith character, because the show was over in it's fourth year. That doesn't mean they didn't entertain the idea earlier though, because they knew DC was planning on leaving since Season 1 when he renegotiated his contract.

But, of all the names I've heard were being considered, Wesley's makes the most sense (to me). He's short in stature, like DC and would have fit into the family visual dynamic much better than someone like Rick Springfield (who, at 6'1" would have towered over everybody except Reuben). Also, he can sing and already had exposure in the teenybopper magazines from his stint on "Land of the Lost."

I was at a party a few years ago at Wesley's house in Burbank, before he moved to Palm Springs. He hosted a birthday party for a mutual friend. Too bad I didn't know this info then -- it would have been fun to bring up. Although I didn't really discuss his career with him, other to compared "notes" since we were both in animation. (Plus, he was in a live-action feature that Hanna-Barbera produced that co-starred Valerie Bertinelli.) I mean, I knew who he was, but figured this was a party and he's not there to draw attention. Very Happy
Dean-o
Keith's Date
Keith's Date

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I read somewhere that John David Carson was considered for David's replacement had the show entered into a fitth season, not sure where I had read that before....sorry.

Scott, speaking of wesley Eure, there is a actor currently appearing on As the world turns that looks a lot like Wesley, could it be his son maybe?

Dean-O
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John David Carson was the "other Keith" being considered when the show was first being cast in 1969. Remember the story of there being two groups of kids?

Wesley Eure has never been married, so I doubt that's his son. :wink:

I think I can still get in touch with him -- it might be fun to ask and post my findings. Very Happy

Last edited by Scott on Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder where in the Springs he lives? I visit them often! Give him my digits!
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Wesley up for a role as Bea Arthur's son on Golden Girls? If not, that would still qualify him as a "friend of Dorothy's" wouldn't it, Scott? (or am I being too subtle, here!) Laughing You would be the FIRST to accuse me of being subtle! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Speaking of Dot's pals, I remember John David Carson well from a classic episode of Taxi, where he tried to pick up Tony Danza! I recall that episode won a Humanitas Award for portraying the gay lifestyle in a dignified way (they obviously hadn't watched the episode right through to the end, where Judd Hirsch did a dance in a gay bar that embarrassed both gays and straights equally)! I guess if it was equal humiliation, there was no harm, no foul, so it qualified for the Humanitas! Wink
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a recent bio on Wesley
WESLEY EURE

BIOGRAPHY

Wesley Eure has an extensive background as an author, television writer,
producer, performer, charity fundraiser, lecturer, plus a stage and television director.

Wesley is a veteran television star of two major network series, DAYS OF OUR
LIVES and LAND OF THE LOST, an author of five books, the creator of PBS
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2009/06/04/wesley-eure-i-got-fired-from-days-for-being-gay#new

Interesting post script to Wesley Eure's bio: he has now "come out" and claims he was fired from Days Of Our Lives because of his homosexuality. Imagine how history would have changed had he been Keith Partridge and come out later. It may have made a lot of people think about their attitudes a lot earlier.

These days, it seems less and less likely that people feel they need to hide their sexuality, although it does still happen (I can think of a few people who still hide the fact that they're gay). I guess girls wouldn't swoon over a Jonas brother (hypothetically) if they knew he was gay (although more boys would swoon, I suppose).

Any thoughts? I'm not gay, so my opinions and thoughts might be off the mark. I can't relate, because if I found out today that Susan Dey was gay, that would only make her hotter to me. Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On DOOL he had a "friends become lovers" romance with the "girl next door." When she's raped by her father, his character protects her & finally gives into their attraction. I can't remember how he was written out, because I moved over to GH, but when the role was brought back, it was with another actor.
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught an episode of the old "Land of the Lost" and if there was any truth in Wesley being considered a replacement for DC, he sure had that perfect look with those dreamy eyes and great head of hair thing going on... but I think the show ended at the right time....you can't replace DC.
. Very Happy Very Happy
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, Lu. If they had tried to go ahead with a fifth season without DC, the term "Jump The Shark" would today be called, "Replacing David Cassidy"! Laughing Laughing

"Hey, did you like Rhoda after she and Joe got a divorce?"

"No, Rhoda Replaced David Cassidy when THAT happened!"

"Boy, did it! Not as bad as that final season of Roseanne, though!"

"Wow, you said it! Roseanne SO Replaced David Cassidy near the end!"

"And remember when Fonzie jumped the shark on Happy Days?"

"Yeah, that was bad! If The Partridge Family never replaced David Cassidy, I bet we'd be saying Happy Days Jumped The Shark at that point!"

"God, this conversation is giving me a headache! Do you have any aspirin?"

"No, but try some Extra-Strength Tylenol with Acetaminphen. Aspirin has totally Replaced David Cassidy!"

Aaaaaaannd SCENE!!!
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting idea... but yeah.. David Cassidy would have been hard to replace.. I think folks would have noticed.

Not that they notice Chris's or Darrin's or anything like that. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: