[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

NEW "Partridge Family" Is In The Works
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lifetime also has a garage band family pilot in development-- the mother starts a group with her daughter's boyfriend.
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Danny Kincaid
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing that networks/studios keep re-making, re-using and re-vamping various franchises/brand names. Everyone knows that unless they are spoofs (i.e. Brady Bunch and Starsky & Hutch movies) they always have little, if nothing to do with the original aside from being in-name-only.
And it's almost always de rigeur for these shows to contain none of the elements that made what it is named after successful. Be they light or care-free elements or just a right-show-at-the-right-time.

Remember the New Monkees? Well you wouldn't if there was no "Monkees" after the "New". All attempts at re-vamped The Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew (from the wonderful 1977-9 television series) never went anywhere or did much of anything. And aside from the Degrassi Jr. High show I can't recall any show that was more successful that it's successor.

It's an okay idea, sure, but let's see if it does anything worth talking about in years to come.
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, look, March 2009, and NO new PF series! I knew it. Think
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, is there any news on this new show??? I have seen nothing since there was supposedly a pilot being made....is this new show still a go or what????

Partridgepal
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I heard, it was dead in the water -- thank God!
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, did they even GET to a pilot??? haha, wow, i didn't like the idea of Shirley not singing with them anyways

Partridgepal
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just as well, guys, because, let's face it, NOTHING COULD EVER COMPARE WITH THE ORIGINAL,Surprised Surprised Surprised SO WHY EVEN BOTHER!!! Confused Razz Cool Laughing Wink
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: PF Reply with quote

[b]

They should leave the Partridges where they are. On video and in reruns. You can't go home again.
[/b]
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to laugh when I read the press release and the guy said that it was about a mother "pimping" her kids....that it would be unbelievable for a mother to sing in the band with her kids....ah, hello!!! Does anyone do research anymore???? The Partridge Family was based on the life of the real life family, The Cowsills, in which the mom did INDEED sing with her kids.......DUH!!!!! Great research, guys!! Laughing

Partridgepal Very Happy
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Couldn't agree more with you, Partridge Pal! Wink

But, then again, why let something as TRIVIAL Shocked as the FACTS Razz get in the way of actual REPORTING??? Laughing
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the fact that NBC is in such financial trouble right now had a lot to do with it. With the network adding Jay Leno five-nights-a-week, there are fewer time slots to fill. Most of their successful 10PM series are moving to 9PM. I read yesterday what NBC had planned as far as new series, and it wasn't on that list either. Yay! Don't mess with my Partridges! Laughing
Cassidydaydreamer
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny Kincaid wrote:
It's amazing that networks/studios keep re-making, re-using and re-vamping various franchises/brand names. Everyone knows that unless they are spoofs (i.e. Brady Bunch and Starsky & Hutch movies) they always have little, if nothing to do with the original aside from being in-name-only.
And it's almost always de rigeur for these shows to contain none of the elements that made what it is named after successful. Be they light or care-free elements or just a right-show-at-the-right-time.

Remember the New Monkees? Well you wouldn't if there was no "Monkees" after the "New". All attempts at re-vamped The Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew (from the wonderful 1977-9 television series) never went anywhere or did much of anything. And aside from the Degrassi Jr. High show I can't recall any show that was more successful that it's successor.

It's an okay idea, sure, but let's see if it does anything worth talking about in years to come.

I couldn't agree more!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: