[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

danny

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidWagner
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: danny Reply with quote

I've been watching seasons 1 and 2 again as foreplay for seasons 3 and 4, and in one ep of season 2 (I should have made a mental note of the episode, but I didn't) Danny has a bruise near his left eye that they tried to cover with make-up, but it didn't work. I've heard rumors that he was physically abused by his father, but I don't know if this is true...

Also in a season 2 ep, in the song "Love Is All I Ever Needed," some short guy in a red wig is standing in for Danny in the long shots, from the audience's point of view. The close shots are the real Danny, but the long shots are somebody else. They have him lit poorly in hope you wouldn't be able to tell, but the producers didn't foresee DVDs and giant-screen TVs.

Now that I have all 4 seasons on DVD, does anyone think they will ever release the series on Blu-Ray? Thanks
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Welcome aboard the bus. I haven't seen the episodes from season 2 in several months. Wish I could remember what episode you saw this in.
Can you remember anything about the episode? Plotline?
Anything would help me narrow it down.
I have a thread about nitpicking episodes under Talk about the show and the Danny stand-in is mentioned. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Darryl
Topanga
Ricky's Vocal Coach
Ricky's Vocal Coach

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The episode where you can obviously see the bruise on Danny's face is the hamster episode.

I noticed it back when the 2nd Season DVD's came out, but I never got around to mentioning it here.
DavidWagner
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: golden hamburgers Reply with quote

That's right! I went back and checked and it's the hamster episode. But I shouldn't have suggested that Danny's father beat him up. Kids get bruises all the time, and Danny could have gotten that bruise a million different ways.

Thanks for the nice welcome, Darryl. Surprised)
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's been fairly well documented that his Dad beat him up, Whether it was this episode is anybody's guess. Could have been though:D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: