[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Partridge Family Gum Cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul_Maul
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Partridge Family Gum Cards Reply with quote

I wasn't sure which area to post this in, as there isn't really a "PF Miscellaneous" area.

I am a huge collector of 1960's and 1970's gum cards, both Partridge and non-Partridge. I am fascinated by not only the cards themselves, but by wax wrappers, display boxes, etc. I've got an interesting article on Partridge Family gum card display boxes and wrappers which contains a lot of cool pictures. I hesitate to post the whole thing for copyright reasons, but here are all of the different display boxes that American PF cards were issued in.

If anyone is interested in seeing the whole article, I'll be glad to PM a link to it:

Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I enjoyed the show and the albums as a kid, most of the merchandising passed me by for some reason. It's cool to see this stuff now. Thanks for sharing! Very Happy
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,
Thanks for sharing the pics of these wrappers. I still have a set of PF bubblegum cards the one with the blue outline. My favorite one is of Keith and Laurie that is titled "Happy Times". I never could figure out those darn puzzles! But fun memories of buying those cards. Seeing the original packaging was a hoot. Gee I don't think I've ever actually said "hoot' before but there it is....

BTW i use to collect wacky packages when they wre originaly out around 1974. They are back out again but I haven't bothered to pick any up. I also collected baseball cards as a kid and then in the late 80's and early 90's spent more money than I should have on the hobby. Any baseball card enthusiasists looking for stuff I'd be happy to help you out!

Ed
Dave Polo
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also used to have Wacky Packages, the 9th-11 series. I had multiple sets all mint. Saved all the wrappers too. And I used to have all the PF cards too, Space 1999, Happy Days and hockey cards from the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s. I remember at school, a lot of kids would trade the current 1970s hockey cards from older 1950s/1960s hockey cards that their dads gave to them. So I had a lot of valuable stuff, but my mom threw them out one day when I was away during summer. If my mom only knew how much some of those cards are worth now, I think she would have thought twice before chucking them.
Paul_Maul
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Polo wrote:
I also used to have Wacky Packages, the 9th-11 series. I had multiple sets all mint.

I am WAY into Wacky Packages. I collected series 1-7 when I was 6-8
years old back in 1973-75. I was very young at the time, but when I
rediscovered these back in 2001, it all came rushing back! I figured most
of the PF fans here were a tad too old to have been into WPs, as they
only became popular in 1973, when many here seem to have been
reaching their teen years. However, they were a way of life to those of
us who were 8-12 in 1973-1975.

If you've never seen these, they are stickers that parody household
products. I will post just two prime examples, and refer you to the
website in my profile if you are interested in further info:

Beth
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: PF Gum cards Reply with quote

I love the PF gum cards too, especially the green series! Several years ago I was lucky enough to win an eBay auction of every single card from each of the three series, but the coolest part was that they were in an original Topps card album. Very Happy Somewhere I have extra copies of a lot of cards, including a bunch of unopened packages. I'm curious what the bubblegum looks like after 35 years Shocked , but haven't opened the packages, because I'm afraid that might make them less valuable. Once I locate all my extras, I hope to sell them on eBay or - better yet - help other fans on this site complete their collections!

Beth
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beth, What is your ebay name.

Darryl
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm -- I think that should remain private, don't you? Otherwise, there may be hard feelings if people outbid each other for items they both want. Keeping user names private prevents that from happening, and the bidding game even keeled. Just my opinion, Beth, but in the meantime , can I have your ATM card and PIN numbers?? While your at it, gimme your checking account info too. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't mean she should reveal it on the board. I mean private e-mail. I used to know what it was, but I forgot.
Yes we have bid on the same items on occasion. I even let her win items when I know she's interested in them.
We had e-mailed each other a few times then I lost track of her.
I was going to send her some clippings og Suzanne Crough.
I think I still have them (have to check).
BTW, If I end up bidding against a friend (I will let them win).

Darryl
Beth
Simone's Groomer
Simone's Groomer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darryl! I remember when we were bidding against each other on some magazines from England, and let me tell everyone out there that you were a great person to be "competing" against! We worked out a deal that you'd let me win magazines with good photos of Suzanne Crough (my fave Partridge), and I'd let you win the ones devoted mainly to David Cassidy (your fave). I've found that the vast majority of PF fans are super-nice to deal with on eBay and willing to help each other out. Smile

I must say a word about Scott here! I'm indebted to him for a great deal of my PF collection. Over the years, he's often let me win really cool photos of the cast and of Suzanne alone. Believe me, it's almost impossible to outbid Scott Wink Very Happy , but he's the most generous collector I know! Back on the old board (or maybe it was the e-mail list), someone (Jennifer?) said that it's simply his philosophy to help other collectors as much as he possibly can. How GROOVY is that Exclamation Exclamation Question We fans certainly couldn't ask for a better administrator when it comes to finding rare PF photos for the Gallery. Very Happy

But, groovy as you are, Scott, you can't have my ATM, PIN, Social Security, credit card and bank account numbers! I might consider revealing my middle name, but only if you reveal your year of birth! Speaking of which, why isn't your birthday on the calendar? (I still remember the month and day, since it's close to mine - I'm not a deranged stalker!)
35yearPFFan!
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Partridge Family Gum Cards Reply with quote

Paul_Maul wrote:
I wasn't sure which area to post this in, as there isn't really a "PF Miscellaneous" area.

I am a huge collector of 1960's and 1970's gum cards, both Partridge and non-Partridge. I am fascinated by not only the cards themselves, but by wax wrappers, display boxes, etc. I've got an interesting article on Partridge Family gum card display boxes and wrappers which contains a lot of cool pictures. I hesitate to post the whole thing for copyright reasons, but here are all of the different display boxes that American PF cards were issued in.

If anyone is interested in seeing the whole article, I'll be glad to PM a link to it:

Laughing Paul, I would love you to PM me link!! I collected the cards back in the day and ate alot of bubblegum as a result of buying the cards!! I wish I had them now. I used to get them at Woolworth's at the Richland Mall every Saturday afternoon along with my magazines-16, 16 Spec and Tigerbeat!! I would stop after purchasing my "goodies" at Mr. Popper's and get a Cherry Smash/Coke Mixed Icee and bag a cheddar cheese popcorn and sit at a patio table in the mall and read my zines and look at my cards for most of the afternoon. What a carefree time it was!! No bills to pay, no children to raise(I'm the proud Mother of a 9 year old daughter now!) and no responsibilites(I'm an Emergency Room Nurse now!) but mostly do paperwork as opposed to the "Hands On" nursing I used to do.

Take Care,

Pat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Garage: Merchandise & Other Fun Stuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: