[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Partridge Madness.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rugger57
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Partridge Madness..... Reply with quote

Just thought I'd share with my pals here......

I have recently moved from Indiana to Peoria, Illinios (Once I figgere out why, I'll let YOU know!!) Anyway, a buddy here is into selling things at flea markets and I've been tagging along and helping with his sit ups. The very first week I went with him I came across the Christmas Card lp (no card, in the slot tho!) and the first 5 PARTRIDGE singles. Everything from ITILY to It's One Of Those Nights. Some were in better shape than others, but I thought "What the hell!" Can't go wrong with quarter a piece! And, before I get the question...NO! The picture sleves were NOT with either of the two first singles.

The following week we were at Goodwill doing some slumming when I came across the first 5 Partridge lp's and David's "Cherish " lp...all in EXCELLENT condition! I also came acrosss the Christmas Card lp, this time with the card IN th slot! I had long since lost my original copy of this lp and was overjoyed to have finally find the lp intact with envelope and card inside. I can now die with a smile on on my face! I have been looking for the original lp with the card for years, but have found every version but this one. I believe I have heard that this is not the most sought out version of this lp though. I have heard it is the one with the card PRINTED on the lp jacket. Anyone else hear this? Thought I'd also mention mention I found a slew of Osmond lp's in this same collecetion. There were one or two I wouldn't have minded to have for old times sakes, but I wasn't about to ruin my Partridge find of the day with anything. I went home as happy as a kid on a candystore high!

And on another note, on that first venture out i found an Archies Greatest Hits lp.....one I hadn't seen since I first bought it in the early 70's. I find The Archies lp's very hard to find almost anywhere. I know there are a few Archies fans here as well, so I thought I'd mention that.
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Mark: :D

So glad to see you're on the mend after your long recuperation. HOW COOL is it that you made all these incredible finds. I've always LOVED yard sales, thrift stores, and the like so I'm positively ENVIOUS of you and your friend's weekly sojourns to the flea market! Enjoy! -- Oh, and should come across a vintage DC notebook (or any of those little B&W booklets put out by the Laufer Company, you know the ones I mean) in good condition, keep me in mind! Wink Laughing
Rugger57
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Daydreamer, for remembering my most recent accident. Yes, I am doing MUCH better, outa the wheelchair, off of the walker and port-a-potty (if THAT"S not an embarrassment!) and pretty much walking around the house unaided. I use a cane when I go out, coz you never know who's going to bowl you over in public! I was quite amazed how quickly I mended...coming up on 3 months time and ambulatory again. I think that's a quick turn around.

I will keep my eye out for the Cassidy notebook, but I doubt I come across it. I never have in all these years. There were also 2 spiral notebooks of paper as well, as I had both, but they are gone with the years. As far as the Laufer booklets....once again, don't hold your breath. I have NEVER seen these items at garage sales or flea markets. Not that they aren't around....but I'm sure they are rare items indeed. I did find a Donny and Marie "How to Disco" paperback a few years back. Interested? (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

Now that I am in Illinios I see that David is going to be up around Chicago next March. I am hoping to go. Are any board members planning to attend?
Drawer L
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Partridge Madness..... Reply with quote

Rugger57 wrote:
Just thought I'd share with my pals here......

I have recently moved from Indiana to Peoria, Illinios (Once I figgere out why, I'll let YOU know!!) Anyway, a buddy here is into selling things at flea markets and I've been tagging along and helping with his sit ups. The very first week I went with him I came across the Christmas Card lp (no card, in the slot tho!) and the first 5 PARTRIDGE singles. Everything from ITILY to It's One Of Those Nights. Some were in better shape than others, but I thought "What the hell!" Can't go wrong with quarter a piece! And, before I get the question...NO! The picture sleves were NOT with either of the two first singles.

The following week we were at Goodwill doing some slumming when I came across the first 5 Partridge lp's and David's "Cherish " lp...all in EXCELLENT condition! I also came acrosss the Christmas Card lp, this time with the card IN th slot! I had long since lost my original copy of this lp and was overjoyed to have finally find the lp intact with envelope and card inside. I can now die with a smile on on my face! I have been looking for the original lp with the card for years, but have found every version but this one. I believe I have heard that this is not the most sought out version of this lp though. I have heard it is the one with the card PRINTED on the lp jacket. Anyone else hear this? Thought I'd also mention mention I found a slew of Osmond lp's in this same collecetion. There were one or two I wouldn't have minded to have for old times sakes, but I wasn't about to ruin my Partridge find of the day with anything. I went home as happy as a kid on a candystore high!

And on another note, on that first venture out i found an Archies Greatest Hits lp.....one I hadn't seen since I first bought it in the early 70's. I find The Archies lp's very hard to find almost anywhere. I know there are a few Archies fans here as well, so I thought I'd mention that.
1)Yeah,the Christmas Album with the card printed on it (US pressing) is rather hard to find.2)Yup.Archies LPs are pretty hard to find too.the last two albums go for at least $100 (they're VERY rare!!!)3)You should've bought the Osmonds albums.All of the ones from the 70s on MGM are pretty solid,with Crazy Horses/Phase III & The Plan being really good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: