[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lainey
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Charlie and the chocolate Factory Reply with quote

I just love Jonny Depp (sorry Mr C) and every thing he's been in. Now if you're talking seriously spooky I thought Ninth Gate was definitely that!
I think he's such a great character actor, and love how he emerses himself in the parts he plays. The film doesn't come out here until 29th July but I'll definitely be going to see it and will be dragging my two boys along with me (not that they'll need dragging Laughing Pirates is their favourite JD film)

With regard to the original film I think at the end Charlie asks if the other children will be OK and Wonka says 'yes' but it's not like that in the book the other children go home bearing 'scars' - Augustus is as thin as a straw, Violet still has a purple face, Veruca and her family are covered in rubbish and Mike TV is ten foot tall and as thin as wire. In the book Wonka doesnot 'blow his top' at Charlie as he does in the film. He asks which room they should move onto next but Granpa Joe says there's only Charlie left and Wonka, pretending to sound suprised says 'You mean you're the only one left?' he explodes with exitement and says 'But my dear boy that means you've won!' etc etc.
Sorry to have gone on I better shut up now Silenced
Sandra
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well; I took my son to see the movie and it was EXCELLENT!!!! I loved the original one, but this one was really good and true to the book which I had my son read weeks before.
You will not be disappointed.
Lil' Lizzie Partridge05
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

Location: Either in SanPueblo,CA or getting on the bus being driven by the lovely Shirley to the next gig

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, i just saw it 2 times and must say i thought it was better than I thought it would be. It wasn't great but not completely stupid either.
kelley
Chris' Buddy
Chris' Buddy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep Lizzie, you said it best! Very Happy
umbrellaman
Danny's Accountant
Danny's Accountant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually thought it was pretty great. Other than Batman Returns, it's the only other movie I've seen this year that I've actually wanted to see again in the theatre. I've read some reviews that didn't like Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka, but I thought he was hilarious and oddly endearing. I just really wasn't expecting to like the movie much since I've loved the original for years, but I was really pleasantly surprised. My only nitpick was that I found it a little hard to make out some of the words in the Oompa Loompa's songs.
Sandra
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only nitpick was that I found it a little hard to make out some of the words in the Oompa Loompa's songs.[/quote]

ok; I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't understand all the words either! Embarassed My 10 year old went with me and he understood them, so I thought it was just me. Of course he read the whole book and the lyrics are in the book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: