[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Bus Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris_Wanna_B
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Bus Question Reply with quote

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. I know there have been posts about the bus before, and I think Scott has said there were two buses for the show.

I noticed in the Mother Of The Year episode from season three when the bus is pulling up to the judge's office, on the right side near the back there's a ladder going to the roof in one shot.

It looks like in another shot the ladder is gone from the bus. I'm wondering if this is a two bus episode Question Laughing

I don't have time right now to go through all the seasons. Maybe the ladder was removable, and it's the main, or only bus. Question
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 99% sure there was only one bus for the series. Everyone I spoke to involved with the show has said the same thing. However, I do think it was repainted between seasons two and three. I know other things were changed, such as a trailer hitch in the back seems to come and go, etc. The ladder you're speaking of was created to be removed, so that doesn't mean there were two busses used in that episode. It was also used in a Season One episode -- I think the one where the workers go on strike. The bus is parked under a archway. :D

I would love to find out 100% whether there was more than one bus because somethings don't add up. But if the people involved with the show say no, then I guess it's no. I would think Bob Claver, Ross Bellah, Mel Swope, etc. would know. But still . . . . Laughing
Chris_Wanna_B
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer, Scott. And Embarassed for me, I thought you had said in another thread some time ago that there were two buses. My bad. Laughing
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also thought I heard someplace that there were 2 buses.
Although it could've been all in my head. Laughing

Darryl
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I think I may have mentioned at one point that I thought there were two buses. I remember having a conversation with Lisa Sutton about it at one point too. But, from what I can tell, and having talked to way too many people involved with the production that would know for sure, there was only one.

I do know after the show was over, it was painted over white and used in an episode of "Apple's Way." It was also used in the TV movie, "Helter Skelter." At times you can see the psychedelic paint job underneath the white overcoat, and the psychedelic seat covers are the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Show! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: