[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

NEW "Partridge Family" Is In The Works
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmmmmm........... Reply with quote

Lu groovychick1970 wrote:
INNNNNNNTERESTING how the PF is still on the minds of tv makers. Ok, fine, let them try to re-make it all they want. It will help us die-hards in the long run. So, this is a good thing, no matter what the outcome. It must be hard trying to recapture that kind of success. Glad I was there for the first one!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hey Lu: :D

Or should I call you "Artie" as it is, indeed, VERY INNNNNNNTERESTING Wink that the popularity of our favorite show seems to ebb and flow quite regularly. I mean, just when most of are ready to give up the release of TPF: Season 3 on DVD and BB on CD (Why do I suddenly have a craving for Alphabet Soup! Shocked Surprised Laughing ), what do "They" do but go ahead and Greenlight BOTH! Razz It's just like Scott Cool said in an earlier post (though I forget which thread): you just never know WHAT's gonna happen with these things! In all honesty, I feel whether this new version airs or not, as long as it gets people talking about the original, this is a GOOD thing as it means there's HOPE for us "Birdbrains" yet!

And I know just what you mean about having "been there" the first time around. To quote our own Shirley Partridge at the end of Episode One: "I wouldn't have missed it for the world!"!!! Wink
partridgepal
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe this is why we suddenly got Season 3....hmmmm.....maybe Sony will end up putting out season 4 now......and more unreleased music gems.......when is this show supposed to come about?? is it a mid season replacement or for next fall?? I hear they are doing Melrose Place too...well, PF will never be the original....but i will tune in to see what it's all about.......anything that may bring attention to the old one....

Partridgepal Very Happy
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Oh Dear Reply with quote

NBC picks up 'Partridge Family' remake
Wednesday, October 1 2008, 11:48 BST (06:48 ET)

By Simon Reynolds, Entertainment Reporter

NBC has picked up Jeff Rake's script for a contemporary version of The Partridge Family.

The original show, which followed a mother and her five children as they start a music career, starred David Cassidy and ran from 1970 to 1974 on ABC.

Rake told The Hollywood Reporter that he intended to turn the show's concept on its head: "In the original, the kids actually recruited their mum to front the band, which I can't see happening in any family on this planet.

"The new version will reflect what seems to me to be the more realistic family band scenario these days: a struggling, sort of well-meaning mum pimping her kids in order to create a wholesome-slash-sexy cash cow."

Rake has also sold an untitled action dramedy - about a Pentagon scientist who puts his inventions to good use - to Fox, with Arrested Development's Mitch Hurwitz and Anthony and Joe Russo on board to produce and direct respectively.
KathySTL
Official Partridge-in-Training
Official Partridge-in-Training

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said on another list, if it brings out more of our material, I'm for it.

And remakes of series seem to be the trend and they keep trying.

esp on NBC.

Last year it was the Bionic Woman, might have made it if not for the Writer's Strike.

This year is Knight Rider, which is doing well I think.

So.. we shall see...
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh, dear" is right, Amy. Sad

Sounds like this "updated version" is going to be a somewhat cynical take on the original (which, as we all know, was NEVER anywhere near as saccharin-sweet as these self-appointed "experts" always try to make out! Confused ).

Still, despite my own cynical nature, I have to believe Shocked that ANY reference to the original series, no matter how crass, can only HELP our cause (i.e., finally getting Season 4 on DVD, and the unreleased music on CD). Wink
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this on MSNBC.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26974303/

Knight Rider is doing good.

Darryl
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do folks think this will help us get original series products? Why would they release that when they want to promote the new one?
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Amy: Very Happy

I think we all just assume that because when most of us see a remake of ANY series, we automatically recall the original, and how we felt about it: good, bad or neutral. From there (if our interest is piqued, of course) we compare the old with the new. Sometimes this leads to a renewed interest in the original series -- though, obviously, not always.

Of course, this is merely conjecture on my part, you understand. Others may disagree. Wink
Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy from Boston wrote:
Why do folks think this will help us get original series products? Why would they release that when they want to promote the new one?

I think Sabrina is on to something. Just recently, the release of the movie Get Smart and the old series on DVD were tied together. The new movie was assumed to help garner interst in the DVDs, and there was probably a bit of the reverse as well - those who remember the old series check it out on DVD and then checked out the new movie. And yeah, it's all guess work when trying to interest the public in something.
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah-gotcha. That makes sense! I was worried it would have the opposite effect!
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony put a moratorium on all licensed merchandise featuring artwork from the original Bewitched TV series when the Nicole Kidman feature came out. Sometimes it has the opposite results. :S
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess time will tell. Of course this thing may never see the light of day. I am sorry, it really sounds terrible. Well, maybe it would be OK if it wa not called The Partdge Family!
Marjorie63
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy from Boston wrote:
Well, maybe it would be OK if it wa not called The Partdge Family!

That's exactly how I feel. It kind of sounds like it could be kind of funny in an irreverant kind of way but I don't like the fact that it would be connected with the original. I already know I wouldn't like the music!!
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the project has been picked up by NBC.

Another example from the "I'm Going To Be Ill Department:"

Yogi, Boo-Boo ready for their close-ups

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - Warner Bros. is taking a trip to Jellystone Park.

The studio is developing a feature version of "Yogi Bear," the classic Hanna-Barbera cartoon. "Surf's Up" co-helmer/co-writer Ash Brannon will direct the film.

Joshua Sternin and Jeffrey Ventimilia, who executive produced "That '70s Show" and are writing the feature "Tooth Fairy" for Fox, are penning the screenplay.

The project, culled from Warners' vast library, is planned as a live-action/animated hybrid along the lines of Fox's 2007 hit "Alvin & the Chipmunks." Much of the movie will be live action, but Yogi Bear and sidekick Boo Boo will be done in CG animation.

Yogi Bear first appeared as a supporting character in 1958 in another classic cartoon, "The Huckleberry Hound Show." In 1961, he got his own show, which has aired in reruns frequently over the past half-century.

Yogi's exploits take place in Jellystone Park, where he and Boo Boo get into good-natured mischief and must elude their nemesis, Ranger Smith.

Brannon has worked on such Pixar hits as "Toy Story 2" and "A Bug's Life."

I just don't get it. Didn't they learn their lessons with those two bad Flintstones fliums? Or those two bad Scooby Doo movies?? Of all the projects that would work in live action, they pick Yogi Bear over something that makes live-action-sense -- like "Jonny Quest?" I'll never understand Hollywood. Laughing
Jennifer
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy from Boston wrote:
Well, maybe it would be OK if it wa not called The Partdge Family!

My thought exactly. If they had said something like it is time for a show similar to the PF, that would make it more palletable. There are a lot of shows, reality and a few scripted, that feature music. So, run a show about a family band up the TV tree and see what happens. But they don't have to be named Partridge, or ride in funky school bus, or have a manager named Reuben.

Jennifer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: