[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

NEW "Partridge Family" Is In The Works
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: NEW "Partridge Family" Is In The Works Reply with quote

'Partridge Family' gets a remake
Reveille, Geffen create new version of show

An updated version of 'The Partridge Family' is in the works.

Reveille and Geffen Records have partnered with original "Partridge" format rights holder Sony Pictures TV to develop a modern version of the 1970s series.

Jeff Rake ("Cashmere Mafia") is aboard to pen the project, which is being pitched around town this week. Insiders said a network deal was imminent.

Rake would exec produce with Reveille execs as well as Interscope-Geffen-A&M chairman Jimmy Iovine and Geffen Records chairman Ron Fair.

Details surrounding the scripted remake are thin, but insiders said the show will take a tongue-in-cheek, modern-day approach to the original series.

Idea to revive "Partridge Family" came from discussions between Fair and Reveille managing director Howard Owens on ways they could develop a family show centered around the music business.

"We decided to take a shot at acquiring the original rights and resurrecting the show with a new spin," Fair said.

Given all the changes in the music industry, Fair said the new "Partridge Family" won

Last edited by Scott on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's weird. Why?
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: 'Partridge Family' gets a remake Reply with quote

Oh no........not again!
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, ladies:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hopefully, if the project does see the light of day, it might just generate enough interest in the original for the powers that be to release Season 4!

Listen, whatever WORKS!!! Very Happy Wink
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right! PF still LIVES FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!
Ralphie
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Keeping the PF name alive.... Reply with quote

I agree, the more people keep saying the words "Partridge Family," the
better our chances (hopefully) of getting not only season 4 out on dvd, but
(finally) a cd release of ALL our beloved "lost," and unreleased PF tracks!!

Ralphie
goodyj
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be spectacular news for the original... and if it is very different (as they are implying) but at the same time is a high quality product, it will only add to the overall reputation of the PF. I am very interested in finding out more about what the music will sound like, since it was the harmony laden songs that got me the first time around. I wish them luck and who knows, maybe there will be some familiar faces making cameo appearances if it gets picked up by a network...

Jeff
Amy from Boston
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goodyj wrote:
This could be spectacular news for the original... and if it is very different (as they are implying) but at the same time is a high quality product, it will only add to the overall reputation of the PF. Jeff

From the cynical department-what are the chances of this?
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Amy, you seem to forget that this is LOS SCANDALOUS, Shocked Surprised Twisted Evil where there's NO SUCH THING AS BAD PUBLICITY!!! Shocked Razz Twisted Evil Laughing Wink

Last edited by Daydreamer72 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy64
Official Bus Driver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy from Boston wrote:

From the cynical department-what are the chances of this?

I used to shop in the cynical department. Nothing ever fit, the colors were so unflattering and the prices were outrageous. Wink
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember how many times there was talk of a feature film? I'll believe it when I see it. But, with the moderate success of the new 90210, and now talk of reviving Melrose Place, maybe there's a better chance for the TV series?
goodyj
Laurie's Classmate
Laurie's Classmate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I understand the cynical aspects as well, let's face it, the reality show was not anything to write home about... but that seemed to be trying to cash in on the original while being directed at a new audience. That, of course means it didn't please anyone.

This time it sounds like they started by looking to create a family oriented show with music and then went after acquiring the rights in order to create something fresh (but with a history), so the focus would seem to be on creating something of a higher quality than "reality tv". Of course it all depends on the quality of the people involved in the project and what they really want to spend and how much energy they put into it...

That being said, I am waiting to hear more before I really decide, but I do tend to be hopeful...

Jeff
batmanfreak
Tracy's Sitter
Tracy's Sitter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the last debacle and using the phrase "tongue in cheek" doesn't inspire much confidence in me. Why do this when all you're going to do is invite comparisons between this and the original series. If you want to do this type of show call it something else and tell people it was inspired by the PF. If this comes on the air before we get season 4 and it BOMBS, the powers that be might think there is no interest in this kind of show and may decide not to release season 4 on DVD.
Lu groovychick1970
Shirley's Assistant
Shirley's Assistant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: hmmmmmmm........... Reply with quote

INNNNNNNTERESTING how the PF is still on the minds of tv makers. Ok, fine, let them try to re-make it all they want. It will help us die-hards in the long run. So, this is a good thing, no matter what the outcome. It must be hard trying to recapture that kind of success. Glad I was there for the first one!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy :D

P.S. I DO remember the rumblings of a feature film! What happened with that? Too bad they didn't have the success that the Brady Bunch movies did. I really enjoyed those, and the satirical format was great.
CassidyDiva
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no one who can replace the originals- In Search of Proved that!
I'm amazed Teddy Geiger & Emily Stone did so well.
http://facffanclub.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=facffanclub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Partridge Family News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: