[home] [news]  [episode guide] [album guide] [collector's corner] [FAQ] [people & places] [brush with velvet] [gallery] [downloads] [store]

The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index
The Partridge Family Bulletin Board
C'mon, Get Happy!

[FAQ] [Search] [Memberlist] [Usergroups] [Register] [Profile] [Log in to check your private messages] [Log in

Dave Madden Autobiography Is Now Available!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Randy! Very Happy That's EXACTLY what I had in mind! Wink
Greely Winger
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Dave Reply with quote

Daydreamer72 wrote:
Lu groovychick1970 wrote:

Who won the trivia contest? Congrats to all the winners!

Lu

Hi all: Very Happy

Thanks so much, Lu, for bringing up the subject of the contest as I was the FIRST of THREE WINNERS of D.M.'s autographed bio! Scott informed us all over the weekend, but I didn't want to say anything as I didn't want to appear to be "bragging"! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Now the cat's out the bag, I can't tell you all JUST HOW THRILLED I AM to be among the winners as I am a HUUUUUGE DM fan!!! I've been watching him for years, loving his appearances on "Bewitched" and the like; most of my fave PF eps prominently feature Reuben, Keith and Danny out to "rescue" Shirley and/or Laurie, with the usual hapless results! What a brillant funnyman and, from what I understand, one of the nicest people in "the industry"! I simply can't wait to receive my copy, and believe me, you won't EVER see it on eBay!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Truth be told, given my admittedly "Flintstonian" equipment (picture tiny dinosaurs running aboard a treadmill), I wasn't expecting to win at all but, surprisingly enough, my little Webby came through for me in a pinch! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Thanks again, Scott, for having this contest in the first place (hopefully, there'll be MORE such PF fun in future), and giving me this rare opportunity!!!

YOU DA MAN!!! Cool

I also won an autographed book. I thought I'd be lucky to get a picture.
Wonder who the third winner was?
I had to read the email 3 times before I realized that I was a winner. Cool

Darryl
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Darryl: Very Happy

How COOL is this!!! Cool I can't wait to receive my copy! It'll make a lovely addition to my ever-growing DC/PF collection, which I know will NEVER RIVAL yours (or that of Scott, Cheryl or Jim S. from Australia, as you guys have been collecting for a couple decades or more! Surprised ), but I'm working on it! Wink

And, as you said, who IS the THIRD WINNER? C'mout, c'mout whoever/wherever you are -- so we can congratulate you as well! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The third winner of the book is not a registered member of the Bulletin Board, so I'm not going to give out names unless they wish to be known. Very Happy
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all: :D

A couple of days ago I blogged Dave Madden a note of thanks (that I am embarrassed to admit quickly turned into the kind of long, gushing sentiment one in his position might associate with a STALKER! Shocked ) for his being kind enough to autograph my copy of his bio. I was pleasantly surprised today to find that he had actually answered it in kind. What a dear, sweet, funny man he is! His reputation as a gentleman is truly well-founded as his simple act of kindness just about made my day!

Thanks again for everything, Scott! You Da Man! Cool
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave will be appearing at the Los Angeles Book Expo on May 31, if you're interested in meeting him. I've posted a separate thread with the details. I'm not that familiar with this event (there's another book fair at UCLA that seems to get more attention) so if I get any further info, I'll pass it along. Very Happy
TVGord
The Newest Partridge!
The Newest Partridge!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daydreamer72, There's No Doubt In My Mind Wink that whatever you wrote to Mr. Madden was well put and not too gushing, but justifiably flattering. I think we all know enough about your style to say you probably touched him with your heartfelt thoughts!

We may sometimes think celebrities just roll their eyes at their fan mail, but I don't think that's true. It's been my experience that they are geneuinely appreciative to hear that they've made a difference with their work.

Good job, 'dreamer!

:-)
Daydreamer72
Mayor of San Pueblo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww, thanks Gord: Very Happy

You are SUCH a doll! How is it you always know just the right thing to say! Embarassed
Sheriffswell

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished reading Dave's book the other day and enjoyed his memoir thoroughly. He came across as unassuming and modest, yet frank in his assessment of his career in show business. He empahsises his friendships rather than his accomplishments. I enjoyed his impressions of being an 'accidental icon' for having played "Reuben Kincaid" and his working on the Partridge Family. He speaks at length in regards to his relationship with Danny Bonnaduce, though some what repettive. I would have liked to have read more about his work on "Alice", but apparently the relationships with those actors hadn't endeared themselves to each other as those on the Partridge Family. I'd recommend it to all fans of Dave and "The Partridge Family.

Thanks to Mr. Madden for sharing his life with us!

Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Partridge Family Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Talk About The Cast! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: